jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Linking to HP from the niche sites - Is that a thing of the past?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

One of my hubs is eligible to be moved to a niche site, whereas another was moved by the HP team, but a link to this eligible hub was removed because the hub in question isn't on dengarden.

I then went on to notice that the niche sites do not link to HP from the related hubs section. I couldn't find any.

I'm not complaining, I'm just happy that this has finally happened, or am I wrong? Are the niche sites finally being treated as sites of their own? I wouldn't be surprised if the recent uptick in traffic and the massive rise in rankings was due to this change. I hope it was.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
      Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Exactly. Me too. I saw some really low-quality stuff in the related sections at one point across the sites and really was wondering why they were there.

lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Yeah, no one is saying they are bad. But the point of the niche sites was to separate them.  Anyway, it seems like it's finally done.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago

Not that all Hubpages articles are bad, there are many really good ones, but there was some less than stellar stuff mixed in within those ''Related'' sections.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 months ago

Many weeks ago we scoped related articles to their site.

Amazing. Nice move. Thanks for confirming this, Paul.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
        Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Good eye too, Brandon!

smile

4. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 4 months ago

A more conservative linking policy has certainly done no harm. And if one niche site gets hit the other niche sites are unaffected.

I never understood the links to HP. We all love HP but it really is just the newbie sandpit these days.

lol newbie sandpit. Nice way to put it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Exactly.  Good to hear they've got rid of those links.

Yeah and I'm not just glad they got rid of the HP links, but also links to the other niche sites. At times there were "related articles" on totally unrelated topics from other niche sites, just because they shared a certain set of keywords.

working