jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Google Star Ratings - Can Our Hubs be Setup To Show Them?

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 4 months ago

Google Rich Snippets Review Ratings are manifested as a group of stars above the text snippet in Google search results. I haven't noticed this before. Wouldn't this be useful for making a hub stand out in search results? (for the moment anyway until everyone starts implementing the feature)

2. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

lol This is nothing new, it's been there for years. And yes, everyone uses them already. There are recipie hubs that use them. No other hubs use them currently.

eugbugposted 4 months ago in reply to this

When I search for "How to" guides, the only sites which seem to use this are Wikihow, Amazon and Home Depot. Is the display of stars browser dependent?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Which kind of How to questions are you getting stars for? Could I have an example?

eugbugposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Try this one: "How to plumb a sink". I didn't put the search terms in quotes, but in any case for the first 100 hits, only Wikihow and Yelp.com showed stars.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
            lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

That's pretty interesting. This is the first time I've actually noticed schema markup for a type "article" page. It would be interesting if HP looks to add this feature in any time. I doubt they will, but yeah it would probably help increase CTR on the ones that get good ratings.

I'll look into this further for my own site. Thanks.

working