Amazon links removed from my article

1. Diana Majors profile image88
    Diana Majorsposted 3 months ago

I'm fairly new to HP and am still learning the rules.  HP edited an article (which I'm ok with) and removed the Amazon link.  After researching, I'm still unsure if it wasn't "directly related" or not.  I didn't mention the item by name in my article, but the link had to do with what I was writing about.  Do any of you have any thoughts?   Also, since the article has been moved to a niche site, can I edit it if I want the link added back in?

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages Diana. 

If you are sure the item is directly related, why didn't you discuss it in the content?  Lacking that, in my opinion, is a major reason for making it look like a spammy ad – and the reason for removal.

You should also add content in the Amazon capsule itself. Discuss how you use the product. That adds authority, which is also helpful to avoid looking spammy. You don't actually have to be a user of the product, but you need to show authority on it in some way, otherwise it gets removed. HubPages is doing you a favor in that case because Google thinks of it as a spammy ad and will reduce your ranking.

Since your hub has been moved to a niche site, discuss it with the curator before you undo any changes they made, otherwise you risk the chance of being moved back to HubPages' main site. You can reply to the email they sent you mentioning the changes. I always get into a very informed discussion with them this way and I learn a lot from it. Just keep an open mind. They are there to help improve things for everyone.

1. Diana Majors profile image88
        Diana Majorsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Glenn!  As I said, I'm still learning.  I appreciate your information.  Thanks!

working