Amazon Capsule Issue

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (56 posts)
  1. bbanks27 profile image86
    bbanks27posted 6 years ago

I don't know what is going on with my articles lately, but every time they edit them, my amazon capsules are removed. Once they remove the amazon products, they publish it and feature it. I don't understand why this is happening to my articles. If they are going to remove the amazon capsules, then why should I have an amazon affiliates account? Can someone explain this to me? Please and thank you.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You have to make sure that the capsule is completely relevant to your topic. You should mention why you've recommended it and why the reader needs it. You can't write about growing tomatoes and then include a book on cooking them because it isn't connected to the topic of 'growing'.

Also check to see if the editor has added the Amazon link back in as a text link. They often work better than a full capsule.

Then, finally, you could try adding the product back in and see if the hub remains featured.

bbanks27posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes I wrote the whole article about a product and decided to add an amazon capsule, so it would be easier to find for purchase and they deleted it. Can you take a look at the article? The Gadget: Fidget Spinner. Please and thanks. Let me know if I did anything wrong.

Firstly, get rid of the ratings capsule at the beginning of the hub - that's only for recipes. There is a note to that effect on the hubtool.

The writing is a little stilted. It doesn't flow and sort of reads like an infomercial. You keep using the phrase 'keep yourself occupied' or variations of it. You haven't given your own personal experience of the thing: why you decided to buy one, when you use it, how fun it is, what benefits you get from it, etc.

The keyword 'fidget spinner' is also overused. If it's a trade name, then it should be capitalised. You could also refer to it as a 'spinner' or 'finger spinner' occasionally to add variation.

Do you mean to put CC licenses on your photos? The only necessity is your name or username. It's unusual to publish on HubPages with CC licenses. Usually, writers only mention it if they are using someone else's image. If it's your aim to offer your images with a license, then you should publish on a photo sharing site such as Flickr.

I think the problem is that the mods/reviewers will see your hub as very commercial/spammy and that is why they removed the Amazon capsule. You need to make it more personal and less keyword-stuffed.

While I was looking at your hub, I could see a link to another game review. I don't know the hubber, but I took a look at it, and it's a really good example of how to do a review in a chatty, but informative manner. He's got the tone just right for his particular audience. https://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/Khor … ew-Tactics

You need to do the same. Who is your ideal reader? Why would they be needing the information? How could you capture their interest and imagination? Could you visualize yourself sitting at your kitchen table and talking to them about the gadget? That's how you should be writing a piece like this - lighthearted and friendly.... "hey look at this thing I bought, it's so much fun..."

If you can get the tone right, your article will easily pass QAP, complete with Amazon capsule smile

Thank you. I'm trying to talk about the new trend that people are purchasing everywhere. I'm trying to explain what is it and the uses of it. The article is not a product review, so why do I have to talk about my personal experience?

2. bbanks27 profile image86

Fidget Spinner is the name of the product that people are buying, all I'm doing is providing information of what it is and the benefits of it. Not my personal experience.

You do own one though, because they are your photos. So why wouldn't you include your experience?  Why else would people click on your hub if they didn't want your opinion? They can read about the item anywhere it is sold. It's even been on TV recently.

I know it's called a Fidget Spinner. It's a proper noun, like Moulton Mini (probably before your time), so it should be capitalised. However, you could also refer to it by other descriptive nouns in lower case, like 'small-wheeled bicycle', so as to avoid keyword stuffing (spammy elements).

You asked for help, and I have given it to you. It's up to you whether you use any of the advice or not.

Edit: You might also try to use other words in place of 'purchase'. Read you text out loud and you'll pick up all those repeated words and phrases that make the hub look spammy.

Edit Mk2: There are 7 instances of 'occupied', 10 of 'purchase' and 21 'fidget spinner'. That's too high given that the hub is only 600+ words long.

I have edited the title and have removed some text, because of the over use of the word, occupied. It's an information article. If I wanted to do a personal experience, I would do a separate article. It makes more sense to me, but that's my personal opinion. I'm listening to you, but I'm trying to figure out how to edit my article and not make it look like that I don't know what I'm talking about. I had a few requests to do this article, because some people don't know what the product is.

K I have fixed the over use of the word, purchase. Can you take another look?

You need to make the other edits too smile It's a Fidget Spinner, not a fidget spinner.

2. Yashraj Singh Rathor profile image60
        Yashraj Singh Rathorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hello Ma'am

I am adding an Amazon capsule of green tea and my topic is also about the same. But whenever I try adding, it says "No Amazon Products found". Is this some error or is it because I have not yet passed the Boot camp status?

theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Don't add a capsule at all. Use an inline link. Highlight the product name that you are talking about in your article, then click on the link icon (chain) in the text capsule toolbar. Then click on the Amazon tab. You should see the product. Click Save.

1. Yashraj Singh Rathor profile image60
            Yashraj Singh Rathorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Successfully added the link. Thanks a lot Ma'am smile
            If someone buys the tea bag through the link, it will benefit me, right?

theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, as long as you have mentioned why you recommend that particular one, why it is better than others etc. If you haven't, then the editors will snip it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

If you give us some examples, then we can explain why they were removed, and that might help you get the idea.

I did an article on a product review of my personal experience and why people should use it. The capsule got deleted during hp editing. I did a article on a product and stated why they should have it. The capsule got deleted yet again. These are two separate articles on different products. All of my hubs have been published and featured, so I know that isn't the issue.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

One problem you'll get is that there are several editors and they are all real people, and therefore they don't always do the same things.  But here are the rules again:

The first is that the product must be totally and directly relevant to the TITLE of your Hub.

The second is that you must say why you are recommending the product, either in the paragraph CLOSE to the product, or in the Description section of the capsule.  If you give your recommendation elsewhere in the Hub, some editors will miss it. 

If an Amazon capsule is deleted, and you feel it passes those two tests, you can always try putting it back in again. Sometimes it survives.

K can you go check out one hub that an amazon capsule got deleted from, for me? I still don't understand what I did wrong. Information About the Fidget Spinner

I do understand the rules and I understand now why some of the capsules got deleted, but I do not understand why a capsule got deleted from one of my articles that I'm asking you to look at. Please and thanks.

I already commented on that Hub.   Your Amazon capsule met the first rule, but I don't know what you said about the Fidget Spinner in the Amazon capsule, so I don't know whether you said anything about your opinion of it or not.   You certainly don't offer any opinions or recommendations in the Hub itself, as you yourself pointed out.

By the way, I know you're a newbie and that's why Raggededge and I have been trying to give you advice about how to write articles. I know that's not what you're asking right now but it is worth considering.

I'd did add a small area that I faked my opinion.

K thank you. What I don't understand is that hubpages edits my article, then they remove the amazon capsule. They publish and feature it, but why should I be an amazon affiliate when they are just going to remove my amazon capsules. I haven't made any money through the program at all. It seems pointless to me to be an amazon affiliate when hubpages edit team is going to remove my capsules anyway. They have kept maybe one or two capsules, but that is it.

Because it makes the hub look like spam. If you de-spammed it, as I suggested by losing all the repeated keyphrases, you might get the capsule back in. But you did say it's for information only. If you did a review, you could probably keep the capsule.

Do I have to only use amazon capsules if it's a product review? Every time I try and it's not a product review, hp edit team removes it. I have removed all over use of words and checked through it. If I try to add the amazon capsule again, I bet they will remove it again. You can take another look to see if my article reads better. Thank you for dealing with me and helping me.

I don't know... I'm losing the will to live now big_smile Let's see if someone else jumps in with better information.

thanks

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

There are two rules with Amazon capsules.

The first is that the product must be totally and directly relevant to the title of your Hub.  An Amazon capsule for a fidget spinner passes that test.

The second is that you must say why you are recommending the product, either in the paragraph next to the product, or in the Description section of the capsule.  That means YOU have to express YOUR opinion of it.  Since you say you're determined not to express your opinion in the article, I assume your capsule didn't pass that test.

I strongly advise you to change your strategy because writing impersonal Hubs is not the way to success.   

While HubPages will allow them to be Featured if the writing is OK, they know that bland, factual Hubs about products won't get traffic and won't make money.   For most products, readers can find that kind of information in lots of places already, so your article can't possibly compete.

The other problem with your Hub - which isn't an obstacle to getting it featured, but is an obstacle to it getting traffic - is that it's so vague.

For instance, you say it's "useful" for several illnesses but don't offer any proof (e..g citing studies explaining how and why it works) - and I only had to Google once to find lots of articles saying experts disagree.  You also mention it helps kids to concentrate but in the same Google session, I found hosts of articles about how schools are confiscating them because kids are being distracted.  You say there's lots of things you can do with them, but you don't offer even one example.

There is nothing wrong with the writing, but it's a good example of the kind of article that won't be successful.

So you are telling that I have no choice but to state my personal opinion when I don't even own the product? Well that's messed up.

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head. A lot of us feel that we should be allowed to write about products based on research, but HubPages clearly states that you must give a personal opinion.

The reason for the rule is, as I stated, that they don't want you to just find information on the internet then rewrite it in your own words. That's a waste of effort and won't make money, so they don't want to encourage articles like that.

They want you to add value by expressing new opinions, or by bringing together information and helping people understand the pro's and con's in a way that's not done elsewhere.

The reality is that they can't prove whether you own the device or not.  If you phrase your description of the product carefully, you can sound like you have personal experience even though you don't.  For instance you can say, "This is the best book I've been able to find on the subject".

Can I do a friend's review? Instead of my own?

2. theraggededge profile image96

Wait. You have included photos that clearly state that you are the source. I thought you must own the product to have taken the photos?

I know a lot of people. People come over to my house to hang out so sometimes I'll take pictures of their items that they bring over. That's not important. What is important is that I don't know why hp editing team is deleting my amazon capsules. I have put my personal experience in some of these capsules and sometimes the whole article will be about the product. Yet, they still delete the capsules. It doesn't make any sense to me.

What's important is not the Amazon capsule. What is important is that you learn the craft of writing good content. Once you've reached a certain level of proficiency (according to HP), the Amazon capsules will stick.

Thank you for explaining it better.

3. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 6 years ago

The real rule with Amazon ads is that they must serve the reader, rather than the writer.

If they are unlikely to be used by readers, they will probably be removed.

Good advise.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

In addition, you have suggested various conditions with which this gadget might help.  These conditions are medical in nature, and saying the item 'helps with.. xxx condition' borders on offering medical advice without a license.
      I'd delete that reference if I were you, and be wary about making such statements in the future.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of the pointers you have been given.

Best wishes!

If you look up one of these products, thats what they are used for. I'm only restating what they are used for in my own way.

1. Marketing Merit profile image94
          Marketing Meritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it would help if you qualified your reviews by saying something along the lines of: 'the manufacturer states that this product can be useful for...' or 'reviewers state that this product has been helpful for...'

That would make it clear that this is not something that you are directly endorsing.

Ok then ill change it but its not the fact of me stating medical benefits. Its the fact that hubpages keep deleting my amazon capsules as they edit them. This not all about one article. I'm talking about all of them. I've wrote 33 of them and they all have been published and featured so it has nothing to with that either.

5. bbanks27 profile image86

I even did an article on a product review of my personal experience and they still deleted my amazon capsule. I have 33 published and featured hubs. So it has nothing to do with that. It's the fact that they are deleting my amazon capsules no matter what I type. I can do a whole article about that product and still delete it. Now since I have explained a lot better what is going on with my issue, can someone please give me a straight up reason why they are removing it? I have added my personal experience on a product review article and the capsule still got deleted. I have stated a whole article about the product and what its uses are for and yet again, they still delete it. What am I doing wrong?

6. bbanks27 profile image86

I checked all my articles and 3 amazon capsules were kept. 2 of the capsules, I did not state my personal experience and they still kept them!

7. Deepika ojha profile image74
      Deepika ojhaposted 6 years ago

If you add any amazon link write at least 300 words about that product than only that amazon product will be survived on hubpages

8. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

That's not correct, Deepika

9. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

If you are going to write about a product, yes, you really should have personal experience of it. Simply rewriting, recycling information you've found on other websites is deceptive. Your readers visit your articles because they see the writer as an expert in their subject. And look at it this way: you are writing hubs to earn money. Is it right to pretend that you know about something that you have no real life knowledge of in order to earn off it? Your photos certainly make it seem like you own the items pictured. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to assume that.

There's nothing wrong with doing some research and writing a hub based on that, but when it comes to products that people are spending their hard-earned cash on, then you need to be up front. As a writer you should adopt a policy of integrity and honesty.

Thank you for the advise.

You are welcome smile I look forward to seeing you create stunningly fabulous hubs.

I'm new and I just want to did it the right way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)