jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What can I do to fix this Hub to get ads back on?

1. katleigh profile image89
    katleighposted 4 months ago

It's an article on asexuality. I mentioned that some people mistake hormone dysfunctions that hinder their sex drive as asexuality.
    Personally, I feel like all the information regarding sex was purely medical. Should/could I ask HubPages to review if it's unjustified?
    https://pairedlife.com/gender-sexuality … rientation

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Unfortunately it's because of Adsense's sensibilities, and HubPage's fear of upsetting GGG (Great God Google). Any hub that contains references to sexuality usually has its ads disabled. Nothing you can do about it, apart from moving it to your own site.

katleighposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Then why even bother having a gender and sexuality section?

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Because there's nothing stopping you writing about sexuality. You just can't have advertising on the hub. You can have an Amazon capsule though.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 months ago

Hubpages is considerably more conservative than the actual Google rules.  Google doesn't allow explicit content, Hubpages removes ads from pretty much anything that references sex, sexual orientation, sexual health etc.  Annoying, but that's how it is.

3. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 4 months ago

I don't know if asexuality would be the problem. I have a hub, "How to Explain Asexuality to People Who are Not Asexual" and it has ads.
    (Please don't judge me based on the quality of that hub. I was asked to write it and it's one of those hubs that needs to be gutted.)

katleighposted 4 months agoin reply to this

That's really neat and thanks for the response. How would you suggest getting the ads enabled on my Hub, then?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Basically, only usual the word asexual and never the word sexual.

working