jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Independent Report

1. queevictoriadavid profile image75
    queevictoriadavidposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Independent Report (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Susan SJ profile image83
      Susan SJposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi,
      I didn't find anything wrong with the article.
      However, writing a little more, maybe 600-700 words, would help.
      Another thing you could do is tweak the title for more clarity.
      All the Best smile

queevictoriadavidposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Susan SJ

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

This is an odd one. The Office of Fair Trading no longer exists. I searched for your 'Independent Report' and could find nothing. I would guess that an independent report is something a consumer can ask a professional (in whatever field the complaint is about) to produce. You make it seem like this is something I can request - but it isn't, as far as I can see. So how would I get one?

So, seeing as I am in the UK, I would expect your article to explain all that and more to me. At the moment it is vague and of not much use. It needs to tell people how to go about obtaining such a report, in what circumstances (examples with results) a report would be beneficial. If that's a scan of a report done for you, then talk about it. What happened? Did you get the computer replaced? What was the process?

Get rid of 'save your ass'. That's an americanism, and shouldn't make an appearance in what's supposed to be a formal style of article.

You need to check your punctuation, it's a little wayward: missing commas and commas where they aren't needed.

The article ends abruptly as though there is more to be added. I'm sure you could expand on it and add a conclusion.

Hope that helps.

Thank you and I will bear that in mind smile

3. Ivan Hernandez profile image85
      Ivan Hernandezposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Don't be discouraged. Every Hubber has their shortcomings. On My Isabela Moner Hub, someone heavily criticized my work, and, as a result, I had to unpublish it. Also, I went into a 3-day fit of immature comments, including my commenting as a failure, getting jealous of a hubber, and posting immature comments at said hubber. I'm autistic, and you can learn a lot about that person by what he/she writes and their use of content, grammar and spelling. I sometimes make grammatical mistakes. That doesn't discourage me from writing. The first article I wrote didn't pass the QAP until the 4th or 5th edit I did. Remember, don't give up. Go to to the FAQ, Read the TOS, go to the Help Center, or Read the rules and Guidelines for More information. THat's all I have for now. If you'll excuse me, I'll keep roaming Hubpages.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 months ago

I agree with Susan about the title; there's nothing in it to tell readers about the article content. Also, the piece is too short. HP likes between 1,000 and 1,500 words.

There may be a problem with the image. It must be creative commons/public domain and free of copyright restrictions as well as cited for source. Also, reduced in size I found the copy almost impossible to read.

Thank you smile

working