jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Make Your Rat a Varied Diet

1. GalaxyRat profile image81
    GalaxyRatposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Make Your Rat a Varied Diet (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

I can see several issues with your hub.

Firstly, get rid of all the underline.

Next add a proper introduction to the hub to tell the reader what the article about. Don't refer to 'this capsule'. Your readers won't know what you are talking about. It's an article. Not a hub. Not a blog post.

Then delete the references to specific rat food manufacturers - you could end up being sued. Instead describe the food in a more generic way, such as 'food containing processed corn'.

Make sure you write to the title of the article. There's not a great deal in there about a varied diet, apart from 'some other stuff'. How about the importance of a varied diet? What other nutrients they might need? You need to address the topic properly and in more detail. At least 1000 words of good, useful information.

Don't advise people to give their rats chocolate. If it's poisonous to dogs, then it's likely poisonous to other animals (it's poisonous to humans too as it contains theobromine, but we're big enough to take it smile)

Lastly, you have an Amazon ad, with no description, no reasons why you recommend it. It's a manufactured food, which seems to go against the topic of your article - varied diet. You need to go into detail why you think this is a good food.

Hope that helps.

1. Jason mackenzie profile image45
        Jason mackenzieposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Hi, I agree with theraggededge - underlining does not seem to serve any purpose.

If you wish to highlight some part of the content, you could use a call-out box, or create a separate capsule, shift it to the right, add a background colour and bold the key points. Using bullets for presenting week-wise content could also look neater.

Hope I have been helpful, thanks, regards...

1. theraggededge profile image100
          theraggededgeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Good points, Jason.

I'd also change the title to "How to Feed Your Rat a Varied Diet".

2. GalaxyRat profile image81

I do not need any more feedback. Thank you for all your feedback.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 months ago

Something has gone madly awry. When I click on the link I'm sent to "A Gemini Descendant Short Story: Child of the Lighthouse" an article that boasts less than 100 words and plenty of typos.

4. GalaxyRat profile image81

OMG... I think I accidentally pressed the wrong Hub to change

5. Jason mackenzie profile image45
    Jason mackenzieposted 7 months ago

LOL...hope the problem has sorted out by now to your liking...

1. GalaxyRat profile image81
      GalaxyRatposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Yes, the problem has been sorted out. hmm Thanks for all who helped.

6. Jason mackenzie profile image45
    Jason mackenzieposted 7 months ago

Congrats...and most welcome, glad to be able to assist...

working