jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Switched to AdSense only but no earnings

1. Chriswillman90 profile image99
    Chriswillman90posted 5 months ago

So I decided to turn off the ad program yesterday but I saw no earnings from AdSense whereas I'd always earn quite a bit daily when the ad program was turned on.

So what's the problem, I'm pretty sure I did everything right. Should I wait another day or just opt back into the ad program?

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Have you checked your list of sites on Adsense? Were you earning tiny bits of money there previously to switching (there is usually some Adsense earnings even when only using HP ad prog)?

If you can't see any of the HP sites, then add them manually.

2. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Patience smile
      I'll give it at least a week and see how it goes. It's a good way for you to experiment.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Adsense earnings are not posted on the HP site. Go to the home page of Adsense where you not only will find daily updates, but also updates as the day goes along.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image99

I added the sites in the my sites section and I have earned in the past though it was mostly pennies.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Okay, well you should see some movement in the next 24 hours. If not, I'd panic and switch back big_smile

3. Azure11 profile image93
    Azure11posted 5 months ago

Also don't forget that the Ad Program pays you based on views but adsense only on clicks so if no-one clicked on any ads then you won't have any earnings.

1. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 5 months agoin reply to this

But you can still earn a couple of pennies per 1000 page views (or is it impressions?) on Adsense.

4. Chriswillman90 profile image99

I suppose you're correct and if clicks play such a huge role then it really is a gamble whereas the ad program is fairly consistent.

1. Marketing Merit profile image98
      Marketing Meritposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I'm based in the UK and the pound is very weak against the dollar. Therefore, being paid in dollars is more advantageous at the moment.

Although I have experimented with changing to Adsense, I find earnings better with the HP ad program. It will vary, depending upon your niche, and is a case of trial and error to see which works best for your articles.

Good luck!

5. Sam Shepards profile image93
    Sam Shepardsposted 5 months ago

With adsense you see higher  sometimes, but less consistent earnings. In my case it is more or less the same as hubpages if I average over 2-3 months.

working