Does the Hubpages Ad Program effect Google Ads earnings?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (29 posts)
  1. izettl profile image88
    izettlposted 12 years ago

Does the Hubpages Ad Program effect Google Ads earnings?

My Google earnings seem to have gone down significantly since adding the Hubpages ad program.

2. profile image0
    Curiadposted 12 years ago

This is a very good question. I look forward to seeing some answers to this.

3. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

Absolutely. You are taking clicks directly from Adsense.

4. Darknlovely3436 profile image71
    Darknlovely3436posted 12 years ago

so, what are you implying ... that we should not sign up on the Hubpages ad program

5. Ingenira profile image74
    Ingeniraposted 12 years ago

I had the same experience as you a few months ago, izettl.  So, I switched off the Hubpages ad program and after that, the rate of my google ads earnings went up again. But not for long.  When Google changed its algorithm lately, the goodle ads earnings dropped drastically.  So, I switched back to Hubpages ad program again, and found that I could gain more from Hubpages ad program daily than google ads earnings.

Hope to read about other people's experience.

6. Mandrake_1975 profile image87
    Mandrake_1975posted 12 years ago

I was making money with Adsense, but now I haven't made a penny every since I switched on the Hubpages Ad Program, BUT I am making more with Hubpages, so I recommend signing up for it if you aren't making a bundle with Google Adsense.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Adsense pays you when a visitor clicks on an add
    Hubpages Ads pays you anytime that someone visits your hub(s)

This is dependent of the 60/40 split, since with either Adsense or Hubpages Ads you get paid if the action takes place during the 60% of the time in which your adds are displayed.

You will probably make more with Hubpages Ads but it makes sense to still keep Adsense, especially since Kontera is being phased out.

8. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 12 years ago

I used to make $X through Google AdSense. I signed up for HPAD and make $Y. Now the amount I make through AdSense is $X-Y. So I make the same amount each month through both services that I used to when I just had AdSense. I'd rather make my money through one service sad

9. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 12 years ago

Definitely it affects and that too: negatively. What HP ads do is replace the AdSense banners of the right sidebar which ultimately leaves only one 300*250 banner floating at the top right of the hub content. If your hub is catchy and interesting, people love it to read it from top then bottom, then chances are they might have clicked on the AdSense ads. But here, even they click on ads, I guess you get fairly less CPC.
    Hp ads are beneficial to you if you have a very high amount of pageviews and on those hubs where getting AdSense clicks was difficult.

10. LeeWalls profile image61
    LeeWallsposted 12 years ago

This is just my opinion. Could it be they don't want to be forking out twice? And like I said it's my opinion, but you don't know with all the changes that have taken place despite how genuine they want to appear. Yeah right.

11. profile image0
    excellasysposted 12 years ago

Good thread, I saw the adsense $$ drop as well and I shut the Hubpages ads off. I'm going to follow this thread and see what the common theme is here.

12. TheWhisper profile image60
    TheWhisperposted 12 years ago

Yes, by adding more ads to your hubs you may have a better chance of someone clicking, and improve your impressions.  smile
    Follow Me?

13. zneve08 profile image61
    zneve08posted 12 years ago

HP ads are great because they pay per impression which means that if you are not converting with your adsense you should use hub.  However, the HP ad will replace an adsense ad, therefor you will see a drop in your adsense earnings.  You should monitor both HP and google for a month or so using each and check the revenue between the two.  I would suggest picking one though and not using both as you are just splitting them up.  Find out which one will make you the most revenue and stick to it!

14. Wazman profile image60
    Wazmanposted 12 years ago

Kind of, the clicks that go to Hubpages don't go to Adsense.
    Hubpages Ads is better for US traffic, but if you have international traffic I recommend using only Adsense.

15. yudhitech profile image60
    yudhitechposted 12 years ago

I'm sure if the Hubpages ad program will increase our adsense earnings. Like the adage says that no traffic = no money and Hubpages will make it happen

16. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 12 years ago

I have seen a bit of an increase in both actually! Not a huge number by any means but its there. I feel good about so!

17. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 12 years ago

When my Adsense earnings were almost touching the payout limit, I switched on HP ads. While HP ads seemed to get me more earnings per day than Google ads, the switching on drastically affected my Google earnings.

So, I switched off HP ads and waited for a very slow accrual from Google to reach payout amount. To day I have crossed $100 and I have switched on HP ads again.  It looks some new ads initiative has been made by HP with Microsoft Bing and it is expected to contribute to a better revenue.

Let me see how HP ads fare now.

18. R. Anderson profile image84
    R. Andersonposted 12 years ago

What would be nice is to be able to disable or enable either adsense or hubpage Ads on a per Hub basis. It should be easy to implement.

19. daskittlez69 profile image77
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

I think they cancel each other out in the long run.  I have been making the same.

20. writeido profile image60
    writeidoposted 12 years ago

Adsense pays per click... Hubpages pay per impression whether anyone clicks or not.
    The Panda update has had effect on many writers. As long as your hubs are focused and well researched they should not be affected.

21. bornblond8dg profile image59
    bornblond8dgposted 12 years ago

I signed up for the HPAP a few days ago and now have a total of .4cent do.  I wonder if you ever make dollars?

22. hardmoneyman profile image40
    hardmoneymanposted 12 years ago

ok if you get paid for each visit to a hub - i have 70 visits to my hubs in the first 24 hours they were up - but no revenue?

23. profile image52
    vanquybk08posted 12 years ago

Hubpages ad program is a new ad program where Hubpages will show premium advertisements based on CPM rate. It will display premium ads in 1 or 2 ad blocks. You will earn daily based on the impression you get. The CPM rates will vary from one day to another. The higher the CPM rate will be the better you will earn for your impressions. The average page impressions is 3 dollas which is pretty cool.

If the CPM rate is 3 dollars , that means you will earn 3 dollars for per 100o page impressions. If the CPM rate is 5 dollars then you will earn 5 dollars for per 1000 page impressions.

If you use Hubpages ad program your adsense earnings may decrease.

If you are from UAE then you won't need Tax information. Just fill up the form that you are not from USA and you do not have anything in USA. You will need a active paypal account . Integrate your Paypal account with Hubpages and you are ready to start. The minimum payout is 50 dollars which is pretty high.

If you are getting traffic from search engines then only try Hubpages ad program.

You can see my earnings in the following Image.

24. profile image0
    sord87posted 12 years ago

I jmust sign up Hp ad program,looking forward to see an earnings!

25. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 12 years ago

I was making a good amount from google until i started using the hp ad program, and although i make a good amount from hp my adsense earnings were almost non existant. I'm worried about switching off hp though as this was all around the time of the google panda so i'm unsure whether it is hp that has effected my earnings or just the google changes in general.

26. vsathish29 profile image58
    vsathish29posted 12 years ago

I  also start to making a good amount from google until i started using the hp ad program.

27. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

At this point in time I have no concrete answer yet,

28. zanaworld profile image58
    zanaworldposted 12 years ago

I asked the same question elsewhere.  My Adsense earnings gone down the moment i sign up for the HubPages Ad Program.

I signed up for the Hubpages Ad Program only a week ago.  And in the past one week, my adsense a/c has shown drastic decline!!!

29. doodlebugs profile image92
    doodlebugsposted 12 years ago

I suppose it could, but I haven't noticed much difference. The Hubpages program helped make up for the loss in Adsense due to the Panda update.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)