jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like the administrator to reread my Isabela Moner Hub.

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image93
    Ivan Hernandezposted 5 months ago

Hi, Hubbers,

I would like the administrator to reread the article, which I'll link here. https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Isab … odStar2017 since I can't link any of my hubs together.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

The people who approve your work are not here. They are employed by MTurk on behalf of HubPages. What do you need to know?

Ivan Hernandezposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I deleted all the duplicate text and replaced them with my own. Can somebody please recheck the article?

2. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 months agoin reply to this

If your Hub gets rejected and you make changes to it, it automatically goes back in the queue and the administration will look at it again.

2. theraggededge profile image100
    theraggededgeposted 5 months ago

Okay, I'm taking a look at your hub now, and will point out the problems.

Firstly, you are not writing articles for 'hubbers'. This is not a blogging platform. You are writing for the general reading public. So your article will immediately fail QAP because of the first subtitle.

The intro reads like a blog post and is completely confusing. It's a big mess. If you want to write about Isabela Moner, then write about her, not about yourself. Anyone searching for information about her doesn't want to know about you. Sorry, but it's how it works.

What's a 'Descended Home'? Do you mean where she was born? Then say that.

You need some paragraphs. Big blocks of text are really difficult to read on phones and tablets.

Your information is almost a carbon copy of info found elsewhere on the net, so you may be penalised for plagiarism. Try to make your article different from all the others, otherwise there is no point in writing it.

I can't read it all, it's too.... much.

The section on how to criticize a movie doesn't belong in the hub. You have to write to the title. Always.

Remove the ratings capsule - it's for recipes (when will HP do away with this annoyance?).

Clean it up and it might pass QAP.

3. theraggededge profile image100
    theraggededgeposted 5 months ago

I meant to say - you actually have a great writing style. I think you could do very well at HubPages once you find your groove. Try to aim for a slightly more laid back style. This hub is sort of 'in your face'. It feels very shouty.

You could've mentioned that before I removed over half the words. I'm a failure, a permanent one.

1. Marketing Merit profile image98
        Marketing Meritposted 5 months agoin reply to this

This is not the place for self-pity Ivan. Nobody is going to soothe your ego here. If you want to play with the grown-ups, then you need to start acting like one.
        Bev has been good enough to take the time to give you constructive feedback and you should be appreciative of that.
        I see so many threads from new hubbers, many of whom have not taken the time to read the guidelines or even read some hubs. It is your responsibility to write a hub that passes QAP: nobody else's.
        The only way you can fail, is if YOU give up.
        I suggest you spend some time researching hubs of a similar genre, to the one that you are writing. Hopefully, you will pick up some tips and see for yourself, where you are going wrong.
        Best of luck!

2. theraggededge profile image100
        theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I mentioned it within 5 minutes of my previous message. Anyway, a good pruning never did an article any harm. I expect you saved a back-up copy of either the complete hub or your text. Never throw away your writing even if you remove it from a hub. There is always either use for it, or a lesson to be learned from it.

I doubt very much if you are, or will be, a failure, so don't be silly. Get on with learning and improving.

i didnt. i deleted a duplicate text, modified the hub, and unpublished it because it was damaged beyond repair.

working