jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

A hub listed twice in Google's results

1. Barack James profile image88
    Barack Jamesposted 2 months ago

Hi all, was looking at some of my hubs ranking in Google results page and funny enough, I have realized that one of my hubs in vertical site is listed twice in the search results of Google, one is on Hubpages and the other is on Dengarden.

The Dengarden one is listed #1 and the Hubpages one is listed #2 in the search result.
    I am just wondering why could this be??

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months agoin reply to this

I don't know, but I think this is something that should be brought to the attention of the team because it means that you are competing with yourself...which is pretty weird!  Is this the only article where this has happened?  If so, it's probably a glitch that needs to be fixed.

Barack Jamesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

yes it is the only article with the issue..

2. Marie Flint profile image91
      Marie Flintposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I suspect the #2 ranking article at Hub Pages will drop off soon, and I think that if you click the Hub Pages link, it will probably direct you to the article at DenGarden.

3. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 months agoin reply to this

It's still indexed on the Hubpages main site but is also indexed in its new location on the niche site. If people go to the Hubpages main site link they'll be redirected to the niche site. It takes awhile for the old link to get deindexed. I've had it happen, long time ago I noticed it too.

Thanks NeteB11, I noticed it's being redirected to Dengarden...

1. NateB11 profile image92
          NateB11posted 2 months agoin reply to this

No problem.

2. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 2 months ago

Why question it? That's a great thing!

Great? may be!

3. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 2 months ago

Google Search does just that; It looks for the specific words you type, along with numerous, what are called, Keywords.
    So, it found your Hub itself and it found the exact string of Keywords you types somewhere else.
    For this very reason, when I add a link to one of my Hubs somewhere else, I type a slightly different search title.
    DON

That really depends on the keywords you intend to rank for.. i guess!

4. Barack James profile image88

Yes Marie, it was so... the HP's link directed me to Dengarden's. Hope it will drop soon

5. JvicIndia profile image69
    JvicIndiaposted 2 months ago

Well, very few of my hubs have been listed in google results. I ve been in hubpages for over a year. Though i write quality articles with original content, my traffic has'nt been impressive.

6. Barack James profile image88

Hi JvicIndia, I think a little improvement on your titles will do. Almost all of your hubs title are very long; you need to make them shorter and attractive so that you can get more click through on the search results.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

He would do well to improve his grammar and punctuation too smile

2. JvicIndia profile image69
      JvicIndiaposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you. i shall be grateful if you could pls review some of my hubs and suggest other possible solutions. im sure my hubs are of great quality but the traffic is discouraging. Your help will be greatly appreciated

7. lobobrandon profile image85
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

Just as Nate says, this is because it has just been moved I assume? Give it a few days and the HP link will no longer be there.

working