Heads Up! More NEW / MEGA vertical niche sites out there

1. makingamark profile image62
    makingamarkposted 4 months ago

I've just had an alert about a site which has been ticking along and causing no problems - and all of a sudden one of the bots has decided that it's got more than two links to a single domain.

Which puzzled me as I thought it was OK.

I put the links into Google to try and work out what was going on and they ALL resolved to a brand new website called Thoughtco.com

So looked a bit further - and came up with this. Turns out about.com has reconfigured and rebranded
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/02/about … o-dotdash/
    and it now has Vertical Sites relating to specific niches - much like HubPages.

The IAC-based company has been slowly dismantling its content from an all-in-one site to branded vertical sites, including Verywell (Health), Lifewire (Tech), The Balance (personal finance), The Spruce (home and food) and ThoughtCo (education). And today, About.com is ditching its old name for a new one: Dotdash.

Looks very attractive - and over and above my little local difficulty - I think we can expect that the HubPages Niche sites will now get some very serious competition.

(It's not a site that works like HubPages so you can't submit articles - unless you want to be taken on as a writer)

working