jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Changes...

1. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

I can see some changes in the look of my account page. Can you guys too?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image89
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hmm, I don't see any. If the changes are negative, you can refresh the webpage, as sometimes they only partially load, giving an odd appearance.

If the changes persist after that, would you mind describing them?

pen promulgatesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hey Jeremy,
        There are changes. Mostly In hubtool. The look of my account looks a little different.
        Here is the link for you:
        https://blog.hubpages.com/2017/07/25/fu … ol-update/

1. Jeremy Gill profile image89
          Jeremy Gillposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Interesting, thanks for the link. It basically says we can't use half-width photos anymore, and we have 90 days before they're automatically converted to full-width.

This will help the layout be consistent for mobile and laptop viewings, but Hubbers with many articles like myself will have to spend quite some time replacing half-width photos. Better get to it!

pen promulgatesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Even hubtool has been made more friendly to write articles from mobile.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Christy Kirwan just announced big changes on the Hub tool.  Read the HP blog for details.

2. NessMovieReviews profile image83
    NessMovieReviewsposted 2 months ago

Woo hoo we can edit or write on mobile now too!

3. pen promulgates profile image80

Ha ha.. More reasons to give excellent reviews smile

4. Dolores Monet profile image90
    Dolores Monetposted 2 months ago

This is one change I am not happy with. Many images that I use look way too huge when displayed full page. I often used old images that will not retain their clarity when blown up. I used to like to display an image next to the text so that people could see what they were reading about while they were reading.

HP had a feature where you could check out how your hub appeared on a mobile devise and all my articles looked fine.

When HP makes these automatic changes, I will have to remove many images from many hubs. I usually like changes but not this time. Oh well, I will adapt.

5. pen promulgates profile image80

Dolores, that will be quite a task for you. Sorry about that. But any image, even if put next to text, (I mean adjacent), still appears above the text capsule on mobiles. So I don't think it will affect on smartphones. They also say, if Hubbers didn't change the image placement in the mentioned  grace period, HP will automatically manage the images.

6. pen promulgates profile image80

@ TT, true. I posted in forum before the announcement as I could see changes in hubtool. It has picked on from there.

working