Hub considered got rejected.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Cheeky Kid profile image96
    Cheeky Kidposted 6 years ago

I am kind of confused. So the editor of levelskip decided to consider my article "20 Billion Wives: Tips and Tricks" for the niche site, asked me to correct puctuation and grammar (which they always ask me to do and I comply), then went on to reject it with a bunch of unrelated issues that they didn't tell me before. They are most likely not the issues (just a template of mistakes), but they are not being specific and helpful. Here are the possible issues :

is about a current event and written in a way that won't be relevant to readers in the future. Perhaps you can expand on your topic and offer historical analysis or additional insight beyond covering the facts of the story.

My comment: this is a game and it will always be relevant as long people are playing it. I don't need to put historical facts because i'm just recommending tips and tricks to finish the game faster.

is about a very general topic that is already extensively covered on LevelSkip or elsewhere online. Perhaps you can add a new spin on the topic to make it your own. If your article is a popular (e.g., chocolate chip cookies) recipe, adding gorgeous, original, step-by-step photos is a great way to make it stand out from the rest.

My comment: not really. I believe only a few know/play this game. I do search google before creating articles to see if there are other articles about it. I didn't see any helpful pieces (perhaps just one) so I created one.

is unlikely to satisfy readers for some other reason. Your article might be deeply valuable to you, your friends, or your family, but not be written in a way that is useful or accessible to a wider audience. Or perhaps your article could be useful to readers, but it doesn't convey your experience or involvement with the topic.

My comment: it's a "tips and tricks" guide--it will definitely help people who play the game. Also, I have already finished it because it's quite a short game. That's why i'm recommending tips and tricks to help people finish it faster.

is about a YMYL (Your Money, Your Life) topic. YMYL articles need to be written by a professional or expert on the topic, by someone who has had personal experience with it, or list credible, well-cited sources.
    didn't address the changes requested by the site's editor.

My comment: I finished the game already. I have full experience about it. I wont be able to give tricks and tricks if I didn't.

didn't address the changes requested by the site's editor.

My comment: I did. It's a short article so it's easy to make minor changes. Also, they always ask me to edit grammar no matter what. What's the deal? I'm confident that my grammar is correct. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's free of mistakes.

I'm confused. I just wanted to point out that editors aren't being specific enough. Also, articles left on hubpages don't rank quite high on google. Leaving them here basically results to their death. This is not always the case but it happens more often than not. Perhaps the game's title is the reason? "20 Billion Wives"--yes, this is a mobile game. I just noticed that they didnt move any of my other "10B Wives, 10B Husbands, and 20B Wives" articles automatically.

There, i've released my thoughts. I just wantedto let that out. I'm ready to abandon this article if it doesnt get moved. Actually, my other 10b wives, 10b husbands, and 20b wives are ranking quite good on Google because no one's really writing useful articles about them yet. Thank you! Feel free to share your own experiences regarding this.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

All of the reasons except for one are a standard, generic email. I've gotten it myself. I believe it is the last reason, the one about not addressing the changes requested that is the problem. Perhaps you could post a link if you need help with editing for grammar and spelling.

Cheeky Kidposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

It's this one:
        https://hubpages(dot)com/games-hobbies/20-Billion-Wives-Tips-and-Tricks

I won't be making any changes soon though because there's no point when it's only allowed to be submitted again after 60 days.

Thank again. big_smile

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
          Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are allowed to submit an article every 14 days.

2. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you 100% about the irrelevant comments of editors. Just got an email about an article I submitted to a niche site and the message was passive aggressive and the tone made me think the editor did not comprehend what he/she read. Now I understand why people protested the editor thing early on, saying that they should at least have some knowledge of the subject matter in the articles they review. My own feeling on it is not to submit to niche sites, figure out how to put it on your own site. I'm definitely not making the changes suggested by the editor and am considering moving my article to one of my own sites.

Same thoughts here. I sometimes wonder if they actually read and digest the hubs they review. I guess they do, but the comments do need rewording and be more specific. They oftentimes are confusing and could be interpreted the wrong way--which, in turn, might hurt the morale of the creator.

1. NateB11 profile image86

Exactly. Ironically, some of these editors are not the most articulate people on the planet.

2. Cheeky Kid profile image96
    Cheeky Kidposted 6 years ago

@sherry hewins that's for hubs that have not been submitted yet. For rejected hubs, it's 60 days.

3. theraggededge profile image87
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Usually, I find that the edits requested and made are fine, but I had one recently that was mangled. My hub was about what it's like to be born on 9/11 - my daughter was born then. They changed the title from "Born on 9/11" to "What Is Is like to be Born on September 11th"

Look closely, yes, there was a repeated 'Is' and a lower case 'L'. Additionally, anyone searching is going to type in 9/11, not September 11th.

The intro was messed up as well. I'd have deleted it rather than allow it to be published in that state.

I had another one that asked me to put the sub-headings right. Well I stared at every one, and could not find an error. It was moved to a niche site with no edits to the sub-headings.

You mean like this one?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13643925.jpg

It's really weird that they'd make mistakes such as this. What's with extra capital L? Note that the "SPECIAL" in the summary is actually an ACRONYM for something and was not meant to be the adjective word "special" itself.

Question: Why did you not just change the title back? Weren't you allowed to?

What lacks with the "editing" part, is COMMUNICATION. I'm glad they implemented the "remark/comment" thingy recently on re-edits, but I think it's still not enough. Communication should be available throughout the editing process because no one is a better expert on your creation than YOU. I say this because you can't really email them (reply to their "Your article is eligible to moved to ____, etc... emails) directly. You'd have to guess what they really want. Even the "correct your grammar" comment is too vague--like which one, which sentence, what part?

1. theraggededge profile image87
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know. A little personal contact would make a lot of difference.

I did change it back. I won't put up with edits I don't approve of. Most of the time they are fine.

2. NateB11 profile image86

Wow, that edit is a glaring error. Some of these editors are not qualified, sorry HP. I mean if they don't even understand what you wrote and then correct you in an incorrect way, then you know something's wrong. I agree with what you say about communication. Since we are the ones writing the articles on subjects we know about, we need to be able to tell an editor why we wrote what we wrote the way we wrote it. Because obviously sometimes they don't know.

2. Robin profile image86
      Robinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@cheekykid.  I'm sorry about that experience.  We probably should have sent it to our editing queue if your edits were not enough, and I will talk with the editor.  The email sent after we reject an article are not specific to the article.  I wish we had more resources to send individual emails to every author about why an article was rejected; the email states likely reasons. 

@Bev!  I am the one that snipped your 9/11 article. Sorry about the lowercase "like"; I'm not sure how I did that!  Ugh.  It didn't, however, have a double "is" and I didn't change the opening paragraph as it was a snip and I can't touch a Text Capsule with a snip.  Anyway, I thought writing out the date was a better experience and Google sees them exactly the same way, so as far as search goes, it doesn't matter.  Your original title was "Born on 9/11" and I changed it to "What It Is like to Be Born on September 11th".  Again, sorry about the "like"!  That frustrates me so! 

Overall, we truly are trying to do our best with our HubPro service.  Of course, we make mistakes, but our hope is that the process is a partnership.  I apologize for our typos.  We do meet a couple of times a week to calibrate and discuss our editing processes.  We also have systems in place to evaluate our editors and their edits to help prevent mistakes.  We are constantly working to make the process better; it's not a small task!    smile

1. theraggededge profile image87
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile Oh well, Robin, not to worry. We all have 'those' kinds of days. As I said, most edits are warranted and welcome. I can look at text over and over and still not see glaring errors until I look at it again six months later.

1. Robin profile image86
          Robinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks and I appreciate your understanding!  Have a great weekend!  smile

2. Cheeky Kid profile image96

It's all okay and I understand. Your reply was reassuring. I sure am positive that the process will get better as everyone's contributing and you do give feedback. I appreciate it. Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)