jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Very odd Amazon earnings

1. makingamark profile image67
    makingamarkposted 2 months ago

You get very odd Amazon earnings from time to time - I get that.

What's actually odd at the moment is I seem to be getting a repeated pattern of "odd Amazon earnings" - which is not one I've seen before on HubPages or elsewhere.

As in absolutely nothing for days on end - and then a much bigger sum than usual. Almost as if it was an 'everything you earned last week' sum.

Now I'm not getting the traffic I used to and I've moved a lot of stuff elsewhere, however I've got the ability to look at past stats and say with some confidence - "this is very odd". [I'm a big believer in looking at stats as they very often tell you when the way things work have changed.]

What I'm interested in is whether anybody else has noticed this - or it it just a quirk on my account?

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hi Katherine, have you checked the Amazon sales report on your dashboard? It's easy to see if the sale was a single one or made up of several sales. Plus the purchase dates are visible too.

I notice little patterns like that too, though. Nothing for a couple of days then a larger amount... but, having said that, the last few days for me have been consistent small amounts.

1. makingamark profile image67
        makingamarkposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Yes - I always check the detailed reports (almost every time I log in)

Obviously you get big sums cropping up when you catch somebody who was about to embark on an Internet splurge, however what I find very odd is the dearth of any income in the sales in the days beforehand. That's what's really odd.

(P.S. there are also quiet times of year when frequency of sales change - however I'm talking about something which seems like a new "quirk" on my account.

P.P.S. Bear in mind I used to be professionally employed to analyse numbers so I tend to notice deviations from seasonal and practice-based trends I'm familiar with)

2. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

I get consistent sales nothing unusual. You should check out your reports as Bev pointed out.

working