jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Which Niche Site for Article About a Company?

1. UnnamedHarald profile image100
    UnnamedHaraldposted 3 months ago

Looking for suggestions on which niche to submit an article about a company. Since it's about Valve (the gaming company), I could submit it to Levelskip, but I think it belongs in a more business-oriented niche. Gotta say it's kind of grueling just to see a current niche list, let alone trying to figure out what each covers.

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
      Jean Bakulaposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I think if you choose the wrong niche site, HP puts your article in the one they think is best. I also have trouble deciding, and don't always necessarily agree. But it's still good to be moved to a niche. You can ask at Team@hubpages.com , just give the URL. Good Luck.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months agoin reply to this

You're quite right, Jean.

Harald, I wouldn't bother asking the team.  Just pick a niche site when you submit.  HubPages will choose the niche they think is most appropriate.

I know this because once, my finger must have slipped when I was selecting the site, and just as I hit "submit", I realised I was submitting to a totally inappropriate niche!   It didn't matter, because when I got the acceptance email, it just said something like, "thanks, your Hub has been accepted for the niche sites, but we think it's a better fit for ..... and we're moving it there."

2. UnnamedHarald profile image100
    UnnamedHaraldposted 3 months ago

All that angst...for nothing. Sounds good. Thanks Jean and Marisa. Now that you mention it, I do remember one of my submissions being put into a different niche than the one I specified. I didn't agree with their choice, but that's okay.

working