This article has an interesting infographic about the impact of making mistakes in SEO practices.
https://www.semrush.com/blog/technical- … tudy-2017/
It's a technical study providing its results in infographic form - based on collecting data from 100,000 websites and 450,000 webpages.
What it does
- identifies issues seen on websites
- identifies the severity of the impact of the issue (i.e. some may not appear often but when they do they can bury your rankings!) - in other words how far the rating icon for each crawls round from yellow (low) to red (severe impacT)
Statistics relate to three big groups:
- Crawlability e.g. links, redirects and broken links; site maps, robots.text and URL structure
- Technical SEO e.g. page speed, use of old technology and mobile issues
- On-page SEO e.g. content, meta description, title tag, H1 tag and images
(shrugs) I don't know nothin' bout that fancy-dan, whatchacallit, ESS-EE-OH biz'ness. That stuff makes my head hurt.
by Marie Flint2 months ago
I came across this piece of advice in the first part of the Learning Center:"Write to educate your readers on your topic: create content on subjects that you are an expert; don't create content for search engines,...
by LucidDreams3 months ago
They are just driving home the point that user experience and quality is point one!http://www.eddale.co/google/beware-google-bearing-gifts
by Damanee3 years ago
Does search engine optimization really help you to earn more income?
by Loraine Brummer5 months ago
Which is the most important for search engine searches: the Hub summary or the first paragraph of the Hub? I thought the summary was most important, but I notice that sometimes searches show the first sentences in...
by Glamorously Jacob5 years ago
I'm officially now my first month into HubPages and loving it; however, I'd like to share with the community some of the observations I've made in the first 30 days.The OpportunityLet me start by saying that I think...
by mistu4u2 years ago
No theory, I want to know practically what course of action can really increase the traffic to my article i.e. what actions really SEO the articles? Fellow hubbers share your experience.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.