jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Background Colour of Modules

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 2 weeks ago

The ability to change background colour of modules only seems to be possible when modules are aligned right. Is there a reason why colour can't be changed when modules are full width? Also when blue is chosen, the background colour actually turns out grey.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

It has never been possible to use a background color on full width capsules. The only way to highlight a paragraph is to use a callout capsule

eugbugposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I wonder why?
      The reason I want to add a colour is to differentiate quiz modules from other text. It doesn't have to be too flashy. Pale blue which is one of the colours for right-aligned modules would suffice. That doesn't seem to work though even when right-aligned.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93

Don't bother right aligning anything, they're discontinuing them. Everything will soon be full width

eugbugposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I was going to make the module full-width because I knew they were going to discontinue them. However I don't understand why there isn't an option to attribute a background colour to full-width modules? Maybe they thought a block of colour would be OTT. The colours which can be chosen are hardly vivid; pale grey and minimalist blue. Without any other way of differentiating modules, a background colour change would be useful for highlighting e.g. examples in technical hubs.

4. Marisa Wright profile image93

I agree, I've always thought it would be a useful feature

5. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 13 days ago

I'm sure most of us agree that we could use background colours in some cases. Just the pale blue and grey would suffice, but in the past, the team has said they do not allow this because people would end up misusing them and at the same time they want to maintain uniformity among the site.

working