jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Stumped at Filing DCMA

1. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 12 days ago

Once again, confused about filing complaint for one of my copied hubs. Sorry for being so obtuse about this. When I go through the series of annoying clicks, it takes me to a page where it asks for my Google email address and password and if I want to continue on the Google Console. What?! I proceed and it then takes me to my blogspot (I don't even use anymore). Once I get there, I don't know how to continue with the complaint. So frustrating. It used to be so easy. Can I hire someone to do it for me. hmm neutral
    Correction: DMCA

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 12 days ago in reply to this

Firstly, where is the copied hub appearing? What is the URL? If it's not on one of Google's properties (Blogger, Blogspot), then you need to send your DMCA to either the website owner or to their webhost.

There's a difference between removing content from a Google-owned site and requesting Google to remove a site from search results. In my experience, once you get the article taken down from the hosting site, you don't have to worry about search results as the material will be deindexed soon enough.

jansharesposted 11 days ago in reply to this

Thanks for clarifying. It's a Blogspot URL. I think I'm confused with filing via Google. I've only done it directly with website owner or host site without a problem. The problem I've had with this particular host is there's no contact I can locate. I've actually tried to email the offender but of course, to no avail.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 11 days ago in reply to this

Oh, okay. Well that makes it easier. Use the link that Chef de Jour posted. When it asks if you want to continue on Google Console, say no. If you're still having problems, let us know.

Got it! Thanks, theraggededge.

2. chef-de-jour profile image88
      chef-de-jourposted 12 days ago in reply to this

Yes!!! It took me straight to the page to fill in the boxes to file. Not sure why I couldn't get here via the other route. Thanks a million, chef-de-jour.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 12 days ago

First, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY!!!

Hmmm, probably a good idea. I secretly hate Google. But I love that traffic! big_smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 12 days ago

Meanwhile, I checked my old link and it still works. Unfortunately, G tacks on private code when I access it, so can't post it.

So I did a resulting search from that for: "Removing Content From Google
    This page will help you get to the right place to report content that you would like removed from Google's services under applicable laws. Providing us with complete information will help us investigate your inquiry."

First one after the ads does it.

Thanks so much for the tip.

4. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 11 days ago

Thank you again, theraggededge, chef-de-jour, and paradigmsearch. I just filed 3 complaints. I will save the link, Andrew. This is why I love the HP community! Always there when you need a veteran.

working