Now that I can post again, I've got a new article to give to you.
https://hubpages.com/politics/Hypotheti … er-Florida
How do I make my article better?
Hi, Ivan, this is a really good article. not much to say. It looks like you did slot of work. I found it very interesting. From a very neutral point of view. I couldn't imagine being in the middle of either one of these storms. So tragic and devastating. I know a couple people who were and their lives will never be the same.
APA Style. Answer the question in the first paragraph. That's APA style. You will lose readers, otherwise. Most of us are lazy. You elucidate and explain further down, but whenever you write a catching headline, make sure you answer the question immediately.
you know I cant edit articles on my PS3!
I'll address the issue as soon as I get the computer.
Here's a few ideas:
1) Be sure to capitalize "united states"
2) Let's look at this sentence: "9 days before Irma struck Florida, I was predicting something striking Florida." It begins with a number expressed in its numerical form. Not a big deal, but a tickling in the back of my mind says to begin sentences with them written out (Nine vs 9).
3) First part of this sentence is a bit awkward: " Tropical storm force wind gusts began affecting us at almost 2:00 AM."
4) Uncapitalize the word issued: "Governor Rick Scott Issued..."
5) I'd remove the "in my opinion" in this heading: "Harvey's impact on Florida in my opinion." I'd also remove the periods from your headings.
6) The lengthy text chunk under "Hypothetical Slow-moving Large Category 5 Hurricane Over Florida." may look better if subheadings or other formatting tools are utilized.
Honestly, most of my suggestions are nitpicks, and I had fun reading.
where in the article is "United States" in lowercase letters? Just asking, because I can't edit articles on my PS3.
Now everything's looking good, so either it was fixed or I'm hallucinating ha.
Tip to quickly locate specific words or phrases: hit your Control and F keys to use the "Find" function, and search for whatever you're looking for. Comes in handy for a variety of websites. And you're welcome, I look forward to your future endeavors.
And thank you for constructively criticizing my article. Honestly, I've had a renaissance of ideas since Hurricane Irma struck my area in Norland.
by L.M. Hosler33 hours ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Hurricanes: Be Prepared to Stay Safe. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Dr Ashish2 days ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Heat Stroke: A Scientific Update. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by melrose moises2 days ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article "How to Be Poor Quick -6 easy steps". What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Mohamed Shalimar16 hours ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Reasons For The Richness Of Business People (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve?...
by Erick Hernandez5 days ago
I would like some feedback on my article. How can I improve it?https://hubpages.com/education/JoseDisaster
by Erick Hernandez2 weeks ago
I'd like help improving my article. It can be found here.https://hubpages.com/sports/TNAvsWWEI'd just like you to know that TNA is obsolete. It is now called GFW Impact. I did not anticipate the Brand Change.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.