jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like some feedback on my article.

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image91
    Ivan Hernandezposted 2 months ago

I would like some feedback on my article. How can I improve it?
    https://hubpages.com/education/JoseDisaster

1. Jeremy Gill profile image97
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Here are my suggestions:

1) Put an apostrophe when referring to your "friends house."
      2) This sentence could use a rewrite "I remembered after the storm seeing only light damage."
      3) You say that Irma caused a lot of "customers" to lose power. I'd change that word to civilians, households, families, or people.
      4) Some subheadings may help organize your first text chunk.

Not much I need to correct, nice job.

Ivan Hernandezposted 2 months agoin reply to this

How about now?

2. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 8 weeks ago

I'd break up your text into smaller paragraphs, add more photos, and put in more widgets. Internet readers typically don't like to read pages with big blocks of text.

Feel free to head over to my profile. I have one on the Michigan Accent that is a REALLY long article that I had to break up by adding more capsules containing photos, polls, and links to maintain the reader's interest. This particular article has had over 1 million views, partially likely to the way I have the capsules set up. The topic helps too since I'm native to Michigan and write about Michigan. You have the benefit in writing about hurricanes because you live in Florida, but break up the text to pull the reader into your article.

Ivan Hernandezposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm an expert in Hurricanes and Autism, and since I'm autistic, I face many difficulties. Head over to my profile and read all of my articles. They may not be of the highest quality, but I have some pretty good hubs for you to enjoy. I suggest reading about Autism and Hurricanes and Wrestling. I cover a wide variety of topics.

working