jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: FOUND: The Split Rock

1. profile image0
    GodsBookposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article FOUND: The Split Rock (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image89
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks ago

Here are my suggestions:

1) Be consistent with capitalization. For example, you normally refer to God as "He", but sometimes lowercase it as "he."
    2) Don't use the same image twice; remove your second instance.
    3) Some subheadings, bullets, or other organization tools could really improve your Hub's aesthetics. Some headings are simply missing; for instance, "Location" in the section where you discuss the coordinates.
    4) I'm not a fan of writing in all caps, as it mimics frantic screaming. Use bolding, italics, or the em dash to emphasize.
    5) Some sentences/phrases are awkward. Say "my friend Aaron," not "Friend Aaron."
    6) Finally, be prepared for possible backlash, as skeptics and trolls love to target religious works. Not that religion shouldn't be discussed. Just be ready.

Best of luck.

1. profile image0
      GodsBookposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your time. I realise now that I have to write in a completely different way for a new audience than I have been writing for.  When I capitalise He, it refers to divinity, and when I don't, it refers to a man.  However, others like yourself do not know this. You have been most helpful, and yes, I will get backlash, but that is okay.  Thank you.  Margaretha

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

You can't take photos from other websites and republish them on a commercial site like HP without explicit permission. The page you have taken them from is clearly copyrighted. People here have received demands for payment for unauthorised use of images.  If you have permission, then it's a good idea to state that in the image capsule after the caption, "Used with permission."

The image of the map is pixelated, which will often prevent articles being featured.

Your article might be flagged as having duplicate content because of the length of the Bible quote at the beginning. Adding more original text would help, as without the quote the article is very short.

Hope that helps.

1. profile image0
      GodsBookposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me some clues.  Yes, I do have permission for the pictures, but do need to say so.  I realise I need to do it all over again for a different audience that I have been doing.  Thank you. Margaretha

working