jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon UK Ads in Hubs

1. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 4 weeks ago

How come these can't be placed in hubs? Some hubs can receive a lot of traffic from the UK, so ordering a product from the US would be more costly (or maybe there's no difference in delivery charge?)

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Strangely enough, got this email today.

Greetings from Amazon,
      We are excited to announce an update to Native Shopping Ads that allows you to monetize all your traffic from the United Kingdom (UK) and maximize your earning potential. This update improves the shopping experience for UK visitors to your site by showing Amazon UK products and directing them to purchase on Amazon.co.uk.

How to get started:

1. Register with the UK associates program
      If you don’t have an account already, click here to sign up. (You do not need a bank account in the UK in order to sign up)
      2. Link your US/UK stores
      Once you've set up your UK account, click here to link it with your US account. After that, you are all set to start monetizing your UK traffic.

Click here for more information on getting started, including a detailed set-up guide and FAQs. Not familiar with Native Shopping Ads? Click here for more information about how it works.

Sincerely,
      The Amazon Associates Program

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

The snag with that is, it applies only to your OWN Amazon account.  If you're using the HubPages Earnings Program, you can't do it.

1. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

That we know. The question is, can HP use it some way?

You and I know it, I'm not at all sure everyone understands that.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image94
              TessSchlesingerposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Which is why I posted the question. I was hoping Paul would respond. More money for them as well.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image94

I posted about this a few days ago. Nobody responded. I received an email from Amazon saying that UK products could be linked to US products, and thus money could be made from US products as well. What I wanted to know was if Hubpages permitted this. I received no response. This is for Paul Edmonton to respond to.

If you are using your own Amazon account, then there is nothing to stop you using the new system.   If you are using Amazon through the HP Earnings Program, then HubPages Admin will need to set it up, we don't have the access.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image94

Which is what I thought. I am using the Hub Pages, not the Amazon account.

working