jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Tireless Twitter bot

1. gugerty profile image60
    gugertyposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Tireless Twitter bot (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I can't understand it at all. I am really confused by the subheading right at the beginning, "With that being said..." With what being said?

You need a proper intro. Tell the reader what the hub is about. Why would a person need a Twitter bot? Explain (and write in full the first time you use it) what If This Then That does and why it's necessary.

What's a ghost mode?

If you don't explain in clear English, no one will have a clue. At the moment it's wittering at its worst.

2. Marketing Merit profile image97
      Marketing Meritposted 2 months agoin reply to this

You're also not allowed to promote your own website. You insert a link to your website under the 'source' for your penultimate image. This is not permitted.

I also spotted a spelling mistake: it's 'course' not 'coarse.'

Elsewhere, you have not inserted a space after the full stop (period).

Others have addressed the image copyright issues and also the fact that your hub is not clear and concise. The photos/screenshots also seem rather blurred and of a low resolution.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 months ago

^^ What theraggededge sez. I don't have the slightest idea what a "Twitter bot" is, or why anyone would need it... and this piece certainly doesn't make it any clearer.

3. Chriswillman90 profile image97
    Chriswillman90posted 2 months ago

The information is too jumbled and will miss 99 percent of people who see this. Explain it to me as if I were in middle school and go from there, I also don't know if you can use all those images.

4. gugerty profile image60

Alright... So I should word the article like I'm explaining it to a middle schooler while the subject of the article targets a demo-graph that is an average age of 28? Ok....

The jumbled part makes sense if you mean fix the fragments.

As far as copyright and DMCA eligibility all the images are fair use and promote the copyright holders. As to how Hubpages policy goes on that, you tell me :p

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this
    2. Chriswillman90 profile image97
      Chriswillman90posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Sorry I should have clarified that you don't have to dumb down the subject matter, just make it easier for everyone to understand.

5. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

There is no such thing as fair use for copyright photos

6. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

Normally, the previous commenters give excellent advice but on this occasion, I disagree with them.

Anyone who is interested in Twitter bots will understand your Hub, so that is not a problem.  What is a problem is waffle.  If I want to know how to build a Twitter bot, I want to get down to business - I don't want to have to read a whole screen of chat before you give me any clue how it's going to work.  I'll just click back to Google and find another website that explains it more clearly.

I do think you need to explain ghosting, perhaps in a callout capsule.

I also agree that your  opening sentence is nonsensical.

1. gugerty profile image60
      gugertyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

That makes sense Marisa I have since revised it and structured the article a little better. I am curious what I need to do further now that I have made the edits to have it published?

7. gugerty profile image60

Sounds good Chris will do big_smile

working