jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Trip to Belum and Gandikota fort

1. profile image43
    Tripbeesposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Trip to Belum and Gandikota fort (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

HubPages is not a blogging platform. It's a place to write informative articles, so you need to delete the reference to blogging at the bottom.

I agree with Jeremy, the article needs a lot of work as far as English grammar is concerned. Your English needs to be near-perfect in order to get published here.

We, as readers, have no idea what you are referring to when you speak of 'bees'. So a short explanation might be a good idea.

Place names always start with a capital/uppercase letter.

"We have two days of time for Aug 15th of 2017" That doesn't make sense. That's just one day. You really must go through and correct these errors. Remember, this isn't an informal blog - if that's what you want to do, then you are better off starting a real blog.

Good luck.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 months ago

Compared to your other Hub I just reviewed, this one's in better shape, but still could use some work. Here are my suggestions:

1) Politeness is great, but no need to open an article with "Hi".
    2) Proofread all your capsules, including your table at the end. Have a friend proofread to catch mistakes you didn't.
    3) Your colorful pictures are the strongest part of your article; insert at least one near the top so we're introduced to the vivid images sooner rather than later.

Proofreading is the main step. If English isn't your first language, finding someone who is very fluent in it may help when doing so. Best of luck.

3. pen promulgates profile image40
    pen promulgatesposted 3 months ago

Hi,
    As theraggededge said, when I read your article, it looks like you have written it for an already defined reader group. Like a blog post. But that's not the case here. Nobody knows about the place, so more specifics must be given.
    All this, only when your article has no grammar issues. For now, there are too many errors. Apart from grammar, sentences do not match with one another in the use of tense and other forms. Good luck!

working