jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is the new ad bidding thing affecting Adsense ads?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months ago

Since Paul announced the test to make ad bidding a "thing" here on HP, I am wondering how this will affect those of us who are using Adsence mainly for ad revenue.  The reason I'm asking is that this normally is my slow time, but in the past week or so, Adsense has been earning better than before. Anybody?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I've seen no improvement to my AdSense earnings, TT. In fact, mine have been much lower this year than last. AdSense seems to be a roller coaster ride every time something changes in the program.

2. AloBeDa profile image96
    AloBeDaposted 3 months ago

My adsense earnings has been dismal this past week. I cant believe  what's happening!

3. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 3 months ago

It should have no effect on Adsesnse ads.

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 3 months ago

Adsense fluctuates at random in my experience, although there has to be a logical reason I guess, perhaps to do with the traffic/the ads geographically? That is, the more clicks from say the USA, the more value, compared to somewhere like New Zealand? Or India? Only throwing out an idea, don't know for sure. Perhaps the HP team are in the know on this one.

At present I'm happy with the Ad program, but it's horses for courses I reckon.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

Having read what you guys have posted here, I'm guessing that subject matter must be what makes the difference.  I have seen relatively little fluctuation in Adsense income these past few months except that it keeps going higher.  Feeling lucky and hope my good luck continues because it sure isn't because my articles are any better!

working