jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Currently reworking an article I feel is underwhelming.

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image92
    Ivan Hernandezposted 8 weeks ago

I'm currently reworking an article which had 26 views in 30 days and is in danger of being defeated, so I unpublished an article on Hurricane Maria and reworking it into an article about the many US and US territorial disasters of 2017, which includes this hurricane season. Fortunately, I already had the foundation for it. Now I just need to work on research, which will be pretty tough because I don't like to research anything and am too lazy. Could you help me?

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

No. It's part of a writer's job to research. Just get on with it.

Ivan Hernandezposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

It may take months of proper research, and this article will not be complete until somewhere around Early 2018.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

you did a great job already. At least you have 26 views per hub, I had 2 views only and still let them published.

Some of my articles havent gotten popular with HubPages. I only have less than half of the 26 published hubs that have accumulated 100 views or more.

3. Annkf profile image94
      Annkfposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm a bit newer to Hubpages, I actually joined a couple of years ago, but only recently began submitting articles. One thing that helps make an article great is  having an interest in the subject. It also makes researching a subject, fun and interesting.
      Best wishes on a great article.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 8 weeks ago

Oh Ivan. If you don't like research you ought to think about some other occupation. It would be like a carpenter saying she doesn't like handling wood.

A carpenter builds houses, its that right?

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image92

Boy, Rupert, you really are quite a handful, aren't you?

Note that the above statement is sarcasm. It wasn't meant to disrespect you, Rupert. I'll go do my research.

3. Dolores Monet profile image99
    Dolores Monetposted 8 weeks ago

Ivan, you may find that after awhile you will learn to love the research. When you get an idea for an article, you quickly find out how little you know about that topic. If you are interested in the topic, reading about it and learning all you can is very rewarding. Obviously you are interested in hurricanes. There is so much information out there. Get yourself to the library and dive in!

working