jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Ads Disabled But Can't See The Reason?

1. Jana Louise Smit profile image99
    Jana Louise Smitposted 7 weeks ago

Hi guys, just started a draft on How To Start Your Own Tarot Business. I did not get past the first paragraph when there was a notice that ads are disabled for the article.

I checked the bullet list for unacceptable topics but can't see one that matches the above title. There is nothing about esoteric material being a no-no. I've written about the Tarot on HP before and there was no problem.

There will be no links to web sites, this is not a promotional piece selling products or advertizing my business (I'm not a reader). It is really a realistic view on how to become a tarot reader.

Truly, the focus of the article is how to deal with clients and to have realistic expectations (don't leave your day job...). There is nothing spammy about it.

Any idea what went wrong? As I said, I just added the title of the draft, the first image and then the first paragraph. Then I got zapped.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Does it mention the Hanged Man? Or Death? I've just had one moved to Exemplore with ads disabled. Hoping they will sort it out today.

Just write and publish it anyway. It will be reviewed by a real person later.

Jana Louise Smitposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi there! No, not at all. No cards, deck names or business names. I'm thrown for a loop. Especially since my other tarot article is my second best performing hub and it mentions things like Death and the Hanged Man. I'm in the process of finishing the draft so will take your advice and just publish it. smile

2. Jana Louise Smit profile image99

Also sent the HP team a message about this and I see the ad feature is enabled again. If yours doesn't correct soon, drop them a line. smile

1. theraggededge profile image100
          theraggededgeposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Have done smile Mine's a Hanged Man one.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Did you check that you haven't accidentally turned them off yourself?  I've done that in the past.

Never checked, to be honest.  I contacted the HP team and after that, the ads were enabled. I think some bot somewhere didn't like the words "Tarot business". Perhaps it's a spammy phrase, I don't know. smile But any case, all's well as it should be. Thanks for replying!

working