jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: To Help People Quit Smoking Habits, the 'WHO'..

1. ManIntheMiddleqg profile image31
    ManIntheMiddleqgposted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article To Help People Quit Smoking Habits, the 'WHO' Calls Out Carcinogenic Foods. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image97
    Jeremy Gillposted 4 months ago

Are you sure you posted the link correctly? It didn't work for me, and I don't see your Hub on your profile.

ManIntheMiddleqgposted 4 months agoin reply to this
      1. FatFreddysCat profile image100
        FatFreddysCatposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I get "Page Does Not Exist" when I click that link too.

There must be a technical glitch. Please, ignore this post.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image99
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 months ago

There are quite a number of problems with this piece. The opening sentence runs on and after a couple of readings I still don't really understand it.

Other sentences display clumsy grammar.

I suggest running your copy through a free program such as Grammarly or Hemingway.

Are your images legal to use? The link for the first one goes to "about blank."

The article is too short. HubPages wants 1,000-word plus magazine style articles.

You should not include your biographical information in the article; it should go in your profile.

Thanks. I repaired the first paragraph. Yes, the images are Copyright protected, but, I have permission.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image97
        Jeremy Gillposted 4 months agoin reply to this

1000+ words is a good benchmark, like Rupert said, but the very bare minimum lies around 600. Again, more is better, and this Hub needs much more.

Starting your first sentence with "According to sources" sounds fishy. What sources?

Your about the author section at the end is unnecessary; use a bio to offer a more natural summary of yourself.

Good luck and keep at it.

working