jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Edit, edit and then edit?! Confused!

1. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 5 weeks ago

On the subject of our Hubs. How on earth can they edit one hub for example, at least four times? Specially since I have not touched it since the first edit!
    I have checked a few of mine, and yes of course I am grateful for the free edits, who wouldn't be? But why do the Bots or editors have to do the same one four times? As I said above, its not as if I have done anything to them! Scratching head...lol!

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

New world. Resignation. Walk. Return. Act as needed.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image86
      Thelma Albertsposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

You are not alone Nell. Me too.

3. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I am having the same problem too

4. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi Nell,  I'm not seeing edits being done in the last few weeks except for a snip edit done yesterday to remove a period in a title.   Maybe there's an issue with our emails.  Can you forward me what you received?  Sorry about that!

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 5 weeks ago

It's weird, they are even chosing ones they have already edited and moved to niche sites to edit again.

3. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 5 weeks ago

Alright, I have been forced. big_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo

4. anusha15 profile image89
    anusha15posted 5 weeks ago

I think they are constantly observing the articles, especially the ones which are doing very well, or maybe the ones they think have a great and underutilized potential, and making improvements. It's a possibility that they got a set of new guidelines from Google, something of that sort, or they might have got improved algorithms for their bots, or a better editor might have been hired, or it could be incremental editing process by editors belonging to various levels of seniority; although since I don't know what were the changes exactly, I am just doing some guesswork, which could be completely off the mark. smile

1. AlexK2009 profile image94
      AlexK2009posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I looked at the Google Quality guidelines and  the HP quality guidelines bore no relation to what Google said.

The HP quality guidelines were more a house style guide.

1. anusha15 profile image89
        anusha15posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Actually, I meant, they might be modifying their own algorithms and/or manual editing processes to comply with something new that they have come across, or something they suddenly realized they have missed, but reading the other posts here, I think that's not the case either big_smile

5. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 5 weeks ago

What gets me is when there is an edit done and then there are errors in the article that weren't even there before. Funny stuff.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah; sort of like trusting the so-called "grammar checker!"  I've had the damned thing insert errors! 
      In one case, it kept insisting on suggesting "they're" in place of "there," which was totally incorrect!

working