jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: The Cretan Diet. The secret of longevity.

1. stelaligizaki profile image66
    stelaligizakiposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article The Cretan Diet. The secret of longevity. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. newbizmau profile image94
      newbizmauposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

" Cretan Diet. The secret of longevity"
      Your title isn't in the correct APA format and you have a period after Diet.

Here is a website that you can use to copy your titles if you aren't familiar with them to correct all your titles. Make sure to click the tab APA and first letter to convert to the correct format.

You should also do this for ever title of all your capsules. You may also have some grammatical sentence errors. I suggest grammarly for correcting this. Grammarly doesn't work well within hubpages so you may have to copy and paste it into Grammarly to correct your misspellings and grammar.

stelaligizakiposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank so much for your guidance. I will follow it. Regards, Stella.

1. newbizmau profile image94
          newbizmauposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

You're welcome Stella

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 5 weeks ago

Here are some ideas:

1) Proofread. Fix typos like "Ιinitially" and "nutriments." Also, reword awkward sentences.
    2) Capitalize key words in your title and headings.
    3) Caption your photos.
    4) Break up the huge text chunk under the "other important foods" section.

Proofreading is the biggest thing to focus on. Best of luck.

Thank you so much for your immediate response and your helpful advice. I will do it. Regards, Stella.

1. poppyr profile image100
        poppyrposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Just building from what Jeremy said:

Your title is the first thing readers will see. Make sure it's perfect. You don't need periods in a title; consider changing it to The Cretan Diet, the Secret of Longevity. No need to capitalise "the" unless it's the first word.

A better title might be "Can the Cretan Diet Lengthen Your Lifespan?" or something like that to entice readers to click on it and read it.

You've done a pretty good job of separating text with subheaders, but be sure to break your text into readable chunks. A wall of text is unattractive. For example, you are still reading this comment - it is a little long, but it's been broken up into small, easily readable paragraphs.

As Jeremy said, also make sure that your spelling and grammar is absolutely perfect. It is essential in making money on HubPages.

1. poppyr profile image100
          poppyrposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Your photographs also don't seem to have any sources. Be sure to add the link to where you got the photograph from. If you took the picture, add "Author's photo" in the source text box.

Make sure the pictures you use are relevant and high-quality. The second picture looks a little pixellated so consider using a different one. Good luck.

Thank you a lot for your helpful guidance. I  will follow it. Regards, Stella

3. chasmac profile image96
    chasmacposted 5 weeks ago

At the end of your Hub, you have a list of ingredients. For what? I can't see any mention of what those ingredients are for. Also, one ingredient is a tablespoon of sugar, followed by 2 cups of sugar! And all that after your last paragraph says that Cretans avoid sugar.

Thank you for your response. I have tried to add a recipe but I didn't have enough time. I am going to finish it tomorrow. Regards, Stella.

4. gotinfo profile image82
    gotinfoposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Stella!  I very much enjoyed your article and look forward to any recipes you add.  I do believe that's all that is missing, or at least a link to some.  As a nurse I'm a little embarrassed I had not even heard of a Cretan diet. It promotes everything healthcare is trying to promote now in the U.S. diet habits.  I also enjoyed the flow of words, nothing jerked my attention and I was inclined to want to keep reading.  Have you noticed that the more you write the more annoying it is to find issues in the writing of others? I know that sounds bad but that is what I mean by "jerked."  That is a skill I am working on for my works so kudos.  Look forward to the completed piece. Sandy @thegotinfo

stelaligizakiposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Hello Sandy, thank you a lot for your good comments. You are so kind! I followed your advice and I have added a recipe for a sweet with honey! My regards, Stella

working