jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Can I link place a link to another hub if it's relevant?

1. Kain 360 profile image98
    Kain 360posted 4 weeks ago

I know that things have changed here quite a lot on HubPages since 2011. I have been writing strategy guide (sort of) gaming hubs. I'm wondering if I am allowed to post a link to another hub within a hub if it's relevant and may benefit the internet reader?

Sorry for the typo in title. It should read "Can I place a link to another hub if it's relevant?"

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Personally, I would not do this without first asking permission from the individual who wrote the other hub.  This used to be considered a good thing to do, but the problem is that if someone links to another person's hub and then that hub has issues, this can reflect negatively one one or the other.

I would not give my permission under any circumstances because when I do, I lose control over what my hub is linked to and any problems that might come up via that author's writing at a future date.

Kain 360posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm talking about my own hubs.

1. tritrain profile image82
          tritrainposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

There used to be a capsule for pointing out related hubs.  It was great because you could easily interconnect all relevant hubs of yours together.  Now it's automated, which is understandable.

2. eugbug profile image100
        eugbugposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

But permission isn't needed to link to another website? Well that's how how I understand it, even though it may be courteous to ask for permission to do so. Maybe the law is different depending on the country? On a related topic, Europe's Court of Justice ruled in a case that that linking for profit to material which has infringed copyright is illegal, so that's something that we need to be aware of.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

You definitely do not need permission to link to a website.

2. Sustainable Sue profile image100
    Sustainable Sueposted 4 weeks ago

I want to know that too. I have a hub I'm about to refer to Holidappy that has internal links to other hubs on Hubpages. Can I include them or shall I take them out?

3. tritrain profile image82
    tritrainposted 4 weeks ago

They've never stopped me from doing it.  As long as it makes sense it should be fine.  They'll tell you if it's not.

4. eugbug profile image100
    eugbugposted 4 weeks ago

Take a look at this thread which should answer your question:

https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … lated-hubs

Kain 360posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks. Looks like I can. I'm not adding random irrelevant links at the end.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Actually, yes and no.   If both Hubs are on HubPages.com, you can.  If one of them is on a niche site, and the other is still on the main site, then no you can't.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago

Yes, you can.

working