jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Could you please review my article ?

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 5 days ago

http://hub.me/alqpX
    How to Identify and Get Rid of Bed Bugs
    This article is much different than my others. I was trying to be as informative as possible. Do you think my Amazon capsule is ok? I know they can be strict about that.

Also, are there any Niche sites that might be appropriate for this article?
    Thank you!

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 days ago

I would suggest not listing the "natural" products because they simply don't work so it really just delays people in dealing with their problem.  It is also advised that you only use Amazon links where you have experience with the product--so if you do you should mention it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 days ago

Points I noticed:

1. Make sure you're using legal photos.  Do you have permission from Pesthacks.com to use their photo?   

2.  You have a short para in the middle of the Hub entitled "How do you get bed bugs", but you already covered that information earlier in the article.  If I were a reader looking for solutions, I'd feel impatient  reading the same info twice.

3.  Ditto the poll.  If someone is reading this article, it's most likely because they currently have a problem with bed bugs.  They're looking for a solution.  They'll be annoyed being asked to stop and fill in a poll.   Put the poll at the very end.

3.  You will be far more likely to make a sale if you put the chemicals first and the natural therapies later, i.e.:

After the Treatment Preparation section, I would have a section entitled "Bed Bug Treatments That Work".  Then say something like, "Like most people, I dislike using chemicals in my home, but when it comes to bed bugs, natural therapies are unlikely to work.  If you really want to try them, I cover them later in this article.  However the only really effective remedy is to use chemicals.  You can call in the pest experts, but I was able to clear the infestation myself using a product called EcoRaider".   Make "Ecoraider" an Amazon link (instead of using the capsule).   You can get a bigger picture of the product from Amazon.  Then talk about why it's such a great product.

THEN have a section on natural remedies, saying something like, "If you don't want to use chemicals, here are some old-fashioned remedies to try, but they are unlikely to wipe out the pesky critters completely".

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
      sarahspradlinposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Thank you for your suggestions Marisa. I always value your opinion. I made some of the changes and will look again when I have more time.

working