jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Views are superb low

1. Techs and Specs profile image52
    Techs and Specsposted 8 days ago

I have 18 hubs and all were getting some views but 2 weeks after being featured only one hub is getting some (low) view, rest are getting zero views. That stupid that out of 18 hubs only 1 gets viewed rest 17 don't. Is it common that after 2 weeks views drop? Will they increase with time? What to do for more views?

I have already gone through all tips and information available so please need personal experience from you all.

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 8 days agoin reply to this

It takes a while, depending how many hubs you can write and if they are good quality.

My personal experience is that I wrote a few hubs here, then left them alone as I was writing elsewhere. Then after about 18 months I got paid out of the blue. So decided to put a little more effort into it. HP was running an apprenticeship program at the time, so I signed up for it. We had to write, I think, four hubs a week. Something like that. At the time writing a hub felt like a lot of hard work. These days, I can write a decent hub in about two or three hours, from idea, to publishing. If I wasn't already writing for another site, I would be writing four or five hubs every week.

One thing to remember is that you need to write for a global audience. Sometimes a decent hub will pull in local traffic, but not in my experience - and I've tried several times. If your articles are aimed at people in just one country (and that country is not the US), you are probably doomed to fail.

If you write on topics that have been written about extensively already, that doesn't work either. It would take a miracle for such a hub to climb up the ranks to the top of search engine results.

One thing for sure, HubPages is not somewhere to make fast money. It's a long-term game.

Edit: Your aim should be to write good quality articles that get moved to the niche sites. That's where the traffic is right now. HubPages.com is just a big holding site, and it's unlikely that hubs hanging around in there will do very well.

1. Techs and Specs profile image52
        Techs and Specsposted 8 days agoin reply to this

THANKS a lot

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 days agoin reply to this

I checked your titles and see that many deal with topics that can be found elsewhere on the web.  You have too much competition, so this is probably why you aren't getting many views.  You cannot compete with the specs put out by a large car company because people will go to their site before they will go to yours.

2. Wanderingteacher profile image91
    Wanderingteacherposted 8 days ago

For me the views tend to drop off after a couple weeks or so. It helps to go back to them every week or so and edit them with fresh eyes and to network with other travel bloggers on fb that can give helpful feedback. If you go on FB and search travel blog you'll find a bunch of different groups for it. I also made a FB page, Insta and Pinterest to go with my blog and that helps a little. Additionally, typically if your Hub is an "evergreen" hub it gets much better traffic over time so try to aim for that when you're writing. Hope this helps. And don't worry it takes time I'm new at this too.

3. tritrain profile image82
    tritrainposted 7 days ago

Sound advice.  Thanks.

working