jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do I make money off Amazon capsules?

1. sarahspradlin profile image93
    sarahspradlinposted 5 months ago

Is it every click, if they purchase that exact item or is it if they click on it and buy anything on Amazon?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 5 months agoin reply to this

If they click their visit may go to you or to Hubpages.  Then it will be anything (qualifying) that they buy while carrying a tracker for that visit.

2. tritrain profile image86
      tritrainposted 5 months agoin reply to this

The visitor clicks on your Amazon link, then goes to Amazon where their browser receives a cookie.  If they receive the cookie successfully then anything they buy that day, as long as it is still there, you will get a commission. 

Anything they buy, you get a commission.  Pretty great, eh?!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 months ago

Yes, you do get paid for anything they might buy after clicking-- including the  specified item or other thing they might buy, related or not.  If you are lucky they may be doing their holiday shopping, or just buying other things they want or need to get up to the "free shipping" threshold.
    I don't think you get anything for clicks to Amazon, unless they buy something. 
    Oh yeah, I forgot that sometimes it goes to HubPages, but since we never see that it's out of sight out of mind.
    I have done pretty well with Amazon, but that only applies to a couple of specific hubs. You need to place your ads judiciously, according to HP rules,  and hopefully on high traffic articles.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

No payment for Amazon clicks - the reader has to buy something, but it could be anything. 

The bad news is that the cookie lasts only 24 hours, which means they have to buy, or put something in their cart, within that time.  If they put something in their cart, then you can still get the commission when they eventually make the purchase.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 months ago

I am wondering about something related to this. Doesn't the 40/60% apply to Amazon? HP has to be making something for having Amazon ads.

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Yes it does, and in the same way the rest of the ads do.  40% of the time HP gets any and all income from that visitor.

working