jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Revenue split between Hubpages and the Author

1. Atanas Yonkov profile image82
    Atanas Yonkovposted 3 weeks ago

Hello Hubbers,

I am new to Hubpages but I really like this website and the community here. I have already written a few articles and I plan to write more.

I saw in the documentation that there are a few really nice revenue programs that can help you earn some cash while writing about your passions. This is absolutely adorable. My question is regarding google adsense revenue sharing system. As far as I understood, the author gets 60% of the earnings per impression (CPM). Can you please confirm this is the case and does this also apply for the earnings per clicks (CPC)? Thank you very much in advance!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

You'll find all the answers here:

https://hubpages.com/faq/
      https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … y-HubPages

Good luck, and I hope you make lots of dosh.

1. poppyr profile image99
        poppyrposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

+1. Please read the FAQ before posting a question smile Welcome to HubPages.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

In addition to what Raggededge wrote, you can also earn from Amazon ads if you learn how to do them correctly.  The compensation goes as high as 8.5% per item purchased, but can be less depending on what people buy.

Atanas Yonkovposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks, Timetraveller. This is something I can consider. Does the HubPages Amazon Program actually serve google ads along with the Amazon ads?

If you read the links properly, you'll learn how it works. Amazon has nothing to do with Adsense.

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages!

2. Atanas Yonkov profile image82
    Atanas Yonkovposted 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your answers. I have already checked the FAQ, however, I could not find any specific information about cost per click earnings.

Basically, google adsense offers two types of earnings: cost per clicks earnings and cost per impression earnings.

In the FAQ, it is stated that: "60% of the time, ads appearing on your articles can earn money for you (referred to as your share of impressions) and 40% of the time, ads appearing on your articles can earn money for HubPages."

I suppose this means that all the revenue from the add (CPC + CPM) is split between the hubber and the website in the above-mentioned proportion. Sounds fair enough.

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

It does not mean that - it means exactly what it says.  That 60% of the time, any earnings from that visitor will go to you.  40% of the time any earnings from a visitor will go to HP.

The earnings from a single visit/impression are NOT split in any way; 60% of the time you will get it all (whether $1 or $1000) and 40% of the time HP will get it all.

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago

No, you do not get 60% of the revenue when you are on the straight AdSense program. HP has extra ads there where they get 100% of the revenue 100% of the time. As to how much that knocks down the average overall percentage to the writer, I don't know. As to the HP Ad Program; yes, you do get 100% of the revenue from 60% of all ad impressions.

Thanks a lot, this answers my question.

4. TeriSilver profile image99
    TeriSilverposted 3 weeks ago

And, unless something as changed that I am not aware, Google's program requires that you've earned at least $100 with them before they will issue a payment.  I've been writing here for years and I am only at one-third of the way, so, volume (and quality content) do play a part.  I hope to get a Google payment sometime before I die ... :-)

1. Bedbugabscond profile image100
      Bedbugabscondposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Teri, do you take advantage of the ad blocking features in Google Adsense? I have been monitoring ads closely and blocking ads that don't meet my standards. The results have been positive.

How d'you mean, 'monitoring ads'? Aren't they different for every visitor? Based on their web surfing habits and history? On my own site I have disabled adult and betting ads, but beyond that basic control, I can't determine what ads are shown.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image100
          Bedbugabscondposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

In the ad review center you can review the ads shown on your site. If you don't like an ad you can block it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 weeks ago

I gave up on watching my Google earnings totals ages ago. Glaciers move faster. If and when I ever reach their fabled payment threshold, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    The HP Ads Program is where it's at for me.

Thanks, I will consider the HP Ads Program. Looks very promising to me as well.

working