jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Score

1. Lisa Jane39 profile image86
    Lisa Jane39posted 7 weeks ago

How come my scores on my articles keeps changing? One of my articles was a 70 then a minute later it was 60 something.

2. Jessie L Watson profile image93
    Jessie L Watsonposted 7 weeks ago

Who knows. There could be some algorithmic reason for it, or it could just be a needle in the butt to keep people publishing. I ignore scores and focus on writing quality articles.

1. EricFarmer8x profile image97
      EricFarmer8xposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

The HubPages score software is a secret. So unless a disgruntled employee wants to leak the process we writers will never 100% understand it.

I seem to get a boost in score with more traffic. I recently edited and proofread the 10 or so articles I have and all of my scores went up. But I had some things that needed to be fixed.

It seems the best thing to do is to ignore the score as long as articles are getting traffic. Low scores could be a sign of low traffic?

3. Lisa Jane39 profile image86

Thanks. I won't worry about the scores

4. Lisa Jane39 profile image86

Thank you.

5. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
    Gregory DeVictorposted 7 weeks ago

I do not focus much on scores either because it reminds me of being back in college and being obsessed with my GPA.

6. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
    Gregory DeVictorposted 7 weeks ago

Lisa, I’m going to try now and answer your question. Historically, my hubs both old and new that get lots of traffic tend to have higher scores. By the same token, my hubs both old and new that do not get as much traffic tend to have lower scores. Yes, my scores do fluctuate and sometimes radically. You are not alone. Hope this helps.

1. Lisa Jane39 profile image86
      Lisa Jane39posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Yes, this helps alot.

working