jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

How To Contact a HP Editor

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 5 weeks ago

How can I get in touch with HP editors about my article "How To Kill Norovirus Germs: Getting Rid Of Norovirus?"

1. sallybea profile image100
      sallybeaposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

editors@hubpages.com

Rock_njposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank You Sally! :-)

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
        galleryofgraceposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Amazon turks are not real editors. My opinion.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

The niche site editors are not MTurkers.

2. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

While you're working on it, remove the repetition of "Norovirus" in your title. Never a good idea to repeat your keyword twice in a title, it can be seen as a sign of keyword stuffing.

Rock_njposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah, I may mention norovirus too many times.  I just hope it's not the Amazon capsule, because I have used this product and talk about that in the article.  I believe that is the standard for HP being okay with an Amazon capsule.

Is the standard for when it's okay to include an Amazon capsule spelled out anywhere on HP?  It is one of the things I like about this site that I can make some extra money from these capsules.  If they get too strict, I'll just move my articles to my own blogs.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yes, there is a standard but I'm not sure if there's anywhere where it's expressed succinctly.

Firstly, the product must be directly related to the title of the article (i.e. you can't go off on a tangent in one paragraph, then include a product that's relevant to that paragraph only).

Secondly, you must say why you recommend that specific make and model of the product. 

Thirdly, that recommendation must be expressed in personal terms (i.e. you must use words like "I", "my" or "mine" to make it clear that you've tried or used the product).

In theory, it should be enough to recommend the product in your text.  However, I've found that if the recommendation isn't right next to the product, the editor may not make the connection. So I recommend putting your recommendation inside the Amazon capsule itself (in the description section).

working