jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

THE SUBJECT OF EMBARRASSMENT/REGRET

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 8 weeks ago

Some of the posts here, including my own, are no big deal.

We have all put our foot in it on so many occasions I can't remember (especially me)

This is directed to no one in particular, since it applies to us all.

------------------------------------------

Ya made a forum mistake.

It is important to you.

Quite frankly, what is important to you is a literal no-cares to others.

Let's expand this.

Include real world.

Big, major embarrassment to you? Scale to 1-10 and it's a 10?

To everyone else it is a 1 and only entertainment for a day at that.

----------------------

I really should be paid for this.

But I don't know how.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image99
    Jesse Drzalposted 8 weeks ago

I definitely have..no biggie though it doesn't bother me at all...I had a little chip on my shoulder for a while forum wise at one point,..being told you have no chance will do that I guess but it's all good now. I just try to be even keel now. I have learned a tremendous amount here and I'm grateful for that.

3. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 8 weeks ago

Feeling lots of embarrassment and regret lately, in real life, but like you said no one sees our mistakes as being as big as we do. So I place little value on them.

4. snakeslane profile image79
    snakeslaneposted 8 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12083846.jpg

I tried. Not my best work. Didn't get much feedback. Total failure. Humiliating...etc....

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 8 weeks ago

This was part of one of my former self-help hubs that Google was adamant on ignoring. Should have put it on my website, but seemed to be needed here.

1. snakeslane profile image79
      snakeslaneposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Well, I didn't take this thread seriously. It's posted on community news? I don't know. Seems to me that posting your most embarrassing moment on community news could be your most embarrassing moment...
      Edit: OK, sorry Para, I see community news is for exactly this sort of thread.

paradigmsearchposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Actually, I made this thread because of a post made by another Hubber. They were overly remorseful about something that was really no big deal at all. I did not want to address them directly. Besides, we've all been guilty of it. Perspective and all that. Nope, do not post embarrassing moments here; that was not my intent. My intent was merely increased self-awareness.

Got it. Too late now, the deed is done. hmm

paradigmsearchposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Trust me, nobody cares. lol

How you doing today? Peaceful here. My big deal for the day is I've misplaced my really neat, LED flashlight and I cannot find it. I love that flashlight. For the life of me, I cannot find it. If only all of life's problems could be this trivial. The search continues...

Keep searching, it'll turn up eventually, maybe when you're not looking for it.

2. wilderness profile image97
              wildernessposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Trivial?!?  A missing flashlight is trivial?  Without that flashlight, nightime sojurns can turn ugly in a minute!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13836880.jpg

paradigmsearchposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

The search continues. A true WTF. If/When I find it, I'll alert the media.

2. snakeslane profile image79
                snakeslaneposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Good one Wilderness, I agree, flashlights aNd glasses are important...

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
                  Gregory DeVictorposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I agree with Snakeslane. It will turn up when you least expect it and sometimes in a place you wouldn’t expect. Yesterday, I misplaced my cellphone at home. Well, I received one of those nuisance telemarketer calls and I quickly knew where it was.

working