jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Quote of the Day - Fred Rogers

1. Kenna McHugh profile image85
    Kenna McHughposted 3 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13836520_f1024.jpg
    “I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.”
    Fred Rogers

2. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
    Gregory DeVictorposted 3 weeks ago

Kenna, I live in Pittsburgh and Fred Rogers is an icon here. I understand that the Mr. Rogers series was filmed at WQED, Pittsburgh’s PBS affiliate. Fred Rogers also lived in Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill neighborhood, the same section where I live. Small world.

Kenna McHughposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Wow! It is a small world, amazing. Did I you ever meet him?

2. faith-hope-love profile image80
      faith-hope-loveposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I also as an adult liked Mr. Rogers.  But I also, like  Mr. Rogers, enjoy the wonder registered on a child's face, whether it is in the twists a new story can take after a familiar start or the magic of a new and different toy. There is also the effects of a new childs game, a new friend. The look on a kids face when going home from hospital when he or she catches sight of her or his Mum or Dad. I love to hear children in body of the church, their joyful chatter and Questions. This is the promise of our Future. I have never subscribed to the old Adage; (That Children should be seen and Not Heard.) I believe that (Children should be both SEEN and HEARD.) This does not mean that they cannot be disciplined or have no Boundaries. It does mean that children must be given the respect they are due regardless of age.

3. Gregory DeVictor profile image96

No, he passed away before I moved here. However, several of my friends who live in the neighborhood remember him because they all attended the same church at the corner of Forbes & Murray here in the neighborhood. I’ve always heard only the very best about him.

That is awesome. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about him.

4. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago

I like what you are doing. I wish I'd thought of it.

Kenna McHughposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you. I am having fun doing it.

5. Gregory DeVictor profile image96

Kenna, what you’re doing here is a real treasure. I’m glad that you came up with the idea. Fred Rogers would approve too.

That's so nice to say. Merry Christmas!

working