jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: A Not For Profit Is Not A Business

1. profile image65
    Mr. DAPposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article A Not For Profit Is Not A Business. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image98
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

404 Page does not exist.

3. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago

We can't see it but I took a look at your "Three Things Corporate America Could Learn From the Not for Profit World"

You have a typo in the first subtitle. You don't need that subtitle at all. Also not-for-profit looks better than not for profit. You can also use non-profit.

You need to break up that huge text capsule into several capsules. That will give you the chance to add sub-headings and maybe an image.

The first paragraph goes on and on and on. It should be much shorter and grab the reader straight away. I could not work out the aim of the article at all, so think about a clear, snappy introduction explaining what the hub is about.

Make use of bullet points to present your ideas more succinctly. Cut out all unnecessary words and repetition.

Go easy on the use of quotation marks. Look how many times you use them in that first paragraph. Watch out for missing question marks too.

Your sentences are often way too long. Mix up sentence length to make your writing more lively.

Proofread carefully. read your text out loud. For instance, an organization (of any kind) cannot suffer from human frailties.

I haven't got time to go through it all, but hope I've given you somewhere to start.

https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … ng-hubtool

https://hubpageshelp.com/

Hope that helps.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 weeks ago

Based even on the title i find myself disagreeing.  A not for profit is sometimes a business and would often benefit from being run like a business, but some just are not.

working