I'd like feedback on my article: An Introduction to Affiliate Marketing:...

1. Praveen Sisodiya profile image60
    Praveen Sisodiyaposted 6 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article An Introduction to Affiliate Marketing: Everything you need to know (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi Praveen,

I'm afraid your article is about 10 years too late.

There are many grammatical errors. There are too many words. Too much repetition. As with many Indian writers, there are many instances of the missing definite and indefinite article. For example, "Affiliate is a person or an organization..." It's 'An affiliate...'

You have used the term 'according to' 12 times.

Some of your images are poor quality and that alone will prevent the article from passing QAP. Images must be good quality and legal to use.

Who is this article aimed at? Who would be your ideal reader? Remember that HubPages is an international site, not an Indian one.

You might have a temporary problem in that you have previously published some of this material elsewhere. It is still indexed by Google, so you might have to hold back publication for a few days.

Delete that completely unrelated Amazon capsule. You don't discuss it in the text and there's no reason for it to be there.

Having criticized your article, it is very clear you have thoroughly researched your subject and presented it well. I'm just not sure it can compete against older, bigger, more authoritative sites.

Try running the text through the online checker 'Grammarly'. It might pick up some of the grammatical problems. Then paste it into 'Hemingway' which will help you tighten up the writing.

Good luck.

working