Suggestion

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 days ago

When you look at the author's name at the top of a hub, there is the tiniest little word that says "more".  Most people would not even see it...I know it took awhile before I did.  Why not make it larger so that readers can find more info about the author.  This could lead to more page views and better income.

1. eugbug profile image98
      eugbugposted 11 days agoin reply to this

Maybe, but I would think most people are focused on finding info on a subject and have no interest in what else we've written unless we really impress them! I rarely read people's profiles on sites other than HubPages. I take your point though that the font is too small and maybe the hyperlink could be removed and the photo in addition to our name made clickable, or alternatively "hoverable" so that the "more" stuff appears when the cursor is positioned over it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 days ago

Eugbug is right, TT2.  I know you feel you've got loyal readers who want to read more of your work - but it's far more common for readers to be looking for more Hubs on the same subject, not more Hubs by the same author.  So that's what HubPages prioritizes.

It was before your time, but in the early days of HubPages we had a big square at the top of Hubs, with a large photo, a (general) bio, and a link so people (not just Hubbers) could sign up to be notified when we wrote a new Hub. That has been steadily downsized over the years.  I deduce from that behaviour that HubPages has done it deliberately.

working