jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Would anyone be interested in joining a Hubpages Facebook Group?

1. sarahspradlin profile image93
    sarahspradlinposted 13 days ago

I was wanting to make a Facebook group where we share writing ideas, talk about any issues we're having, inspire each other etc... Would anyone be interested in something like that? I would want to have a few people help be admins.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 13 days agoin reply to this
      1. sarahspradlin profile image93
        sarahspradlinposted 13 days agoin reply to this

I saw that but it doesn't seem very helpful.  Im more looking for something where people interact with each other and post tips. Thank you though!

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Here's the existing one:

https://web.facebook.com/groups/6265441330/about/

Over the years, there have been several attempts to start up Facebook groups, chat rooms, etc etc, and they haven't been well supported.  I don't know why, perhaps because people find the forums here are adequate for their needs.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 13 days agoin reply to this

If people aren't doing that on the old group, why would they do it on a new one?

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 13 days agoin reply to this

Isnt that what the forums are for?

2. makingamark profile image49
    makingamarkposted 13 days ago

A number of (private through to public) Facebook Groups set themselves up after the Squidoo debacle - as people got used to HubPages and finding their feet in new ways

In other words - not official - but they worked for the people who set them up - and a number are still active and still used. They were VERY active in the first 12 months.

Maybe because a community is the people you know - not the organisation you are linked to?  That may change - the people don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened again - because people will want to move forward in different ways following the announcement yesterday.

working