jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think that Wal-Mart should be banned in India?

1. pankaj3625 profile image74
    pankaj3625posted 9 years ago

Do you think that Wal-Mart should be banned in India?

2. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 9 years ago

No Wal-Mart should not be banned in India.  In fact it should be encouraged in other countries too.  I am sure it is going to be an asset to our country.  Walmart should not be banned also because Wal-Mart bills everything they sell and the billed... read more

3. harryinc profile image55
    harryincposted 8 years ago

Why should it be banned? I dont see any reason for walmart being banned in India.

4. buckey777 profile image72
    buckey777posted 8 years ago

I believe that Walmart should not only be banned in India but Worldwide it should be condemned here is my hub on why. http://hubpages.com/hub/Anti-Walmart

5. Capisce profile image55
    Capisceposted 8 years ago

I live in a city that fought hard to keep Walmart out. My opinion is that all of the wealthy people could go to the suburbs to buy goods at a less expensive price but then the same people were protesting to keep Walmart out of the city so there would be no competition for small business owners. Walmart won. The small business owners are still here.Most of them are boutiques and specialty shops that would not have been competing with walmart anyway and inner city folks who do not have transportation can now purchase affordable goods.
    Rural areas I feel a little differently about. They can be strong competition for local merchants. If there is only one grocer in town, how will he comppete? I think you have to size everything on an individual basis. I do shop at Walmart once in awhile. Not my favorite store.
    Now if it was a Target I would be all for it. I think the items that they sale would be more suitable for the colorful and vibrant atmosphere of India,lol.

6. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

No, Wal Mart  does not carry  any wrong impression about it in India. Why it should be banned when nothing adverse we have notice about it?

working