jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Why is my Hubpages tab on Facebook blank?

1. Susan Ng profile image91
    Susan Ngposted 8 years ago

Hi.  I've selected the option to put Hubpages as a tab in Facebook but it's just a big white blank. I thought it was supposed to contain my activity in Hubpages? yikes

I don't want stories to automatically appear on my wall though, I want all automatic updates in the Hubpages tab.  I manually put links on my wall so I can put trackers and select which thumbnails appear. smile

2. Shalini Kagal profile image79
    Shalini Kagalposted 8 years ago

When you hit 'Publish' for a new hub, you get buttons for Facebook and Twitter coming up if you've enabled both. Click on the Facebook one, log in - and you'll find you URL there on your Wall smile

3. Susan Ng profile image91

I did that and hubpages published a story on my wall.  I didn't want it on my wall so I removed it.  I want it in the hubpages tab.  Does deleting the story on the wall also delete the entry from the hubpages tab?

4. mehra profile image55
    mehraposted 8 years ago

Susan ... for your Hubpages tab to work there has to be a Hubpages application built and developed on the facebook platform. Currently there isn't one in place hence you don't see any content on there.

Deleting stories on the wall has no effect on your hubs on Hubpages. The facebook button we recently launched just provided our users with a way to publish things on Facebook for ease of sharing with family and friends.

5. Susan Ng profile image91

I see. So why do I see a Hubpages application when I go to Facebook's application settings?  That's where I was able to add the Hubpages tab on my profile. yikes

6. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 8 years ago

You may have to install your  widget on to facebook and then you will see your 4 top hubs ?

Susan Ngposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Uh, what widget, agvulpes? yikes

1. agvulpes profile image88
        agvulpesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Directly under your avatar there is a question? 'add xxxx widget to your website' try that. you have to copy and paste some html to your website (facebook)

7. Susan Ng profile image91

I think I may have tried that before but gave up 'cause I didn't know where to paste the code in facebook.  Hehe. tongue  And does facebook accept javascript?

I may have misled you on that. I had forgotten about the java script.
      I think what I did on FB was just copy the url of the Hub and pasted it into the Link box on my, Profile>settings>application settings>links> paste into http:// box. Try that !

Susan Ngposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I do that for all the new hubs I publish. smile I was just wondering what that hubpages tab is for. Thanks, agvulpes. smile

8. Susan Ng profile image91

No, wait. I just post the link directly on my wall and it shows up in my links section.  Is that the same as what you do?

You can also do it at you hub on the 'link to this'>facebook>fill in comment>select t/n >post. That will auto be installed into your links down the side of your FB profile.

Update to that I just did my marsupial hub this way and it appears in FB as a Link and an entry on my wall. I tried to put a thumbnail there but it did not appear ?

9. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 8 years ago

The thumbnail is now appearing on FB, but only on the Wall entry.

10. Susan Ng profile image91

I usually just click on Write something... and paste the URL in the links section. The link appears on my wall and in my boxes tab. smile

working