jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)

Decreasing hub rate....

1. apeksha profile image60
    apekshaposted 8 years ago

My hub rate was 96 before last week..now its decreasing rapidly why so I check it every day and my forum posts also ok..what may be the problem?

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

well it probably doesn't help that you fanned twenty people in a matter of five minutes and 16 people ten hours ago. If you keep fanning at high rates, I think HubPages looks negatively on it. The same thing (sort of) was happening to shrekrishna.

1. Haunty profile image81
      Hauntyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Pretty true. I always look at my new fans' hubtivity and hate to find that some people go on a fanning frenzy 2-3 times a day. I can't help but feel sorry. sad

2. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am sure Shrekrishna had it down to a fine Art of 20 a minute. In fact hands up if Shrekrishna hasn't added you, as I thought not a single hand smile

1. Kudlit profile image46
        Kudlitposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I din't recognice BC. I kinda like the pirate avatar. smile

3. profile image54
      MSmithHubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I never know that fanning can affect hubscore. Thanks for the info.

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL I think *everything* affects hubscore in some way shape or form. It's the crazy twenty fans in a minute that cause drastic changes. Any form of spam will cause it to go down quickly. At least it seems that way.

2. apeksha profile image60
        apekshaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I now came to know before my hub score decreasing I was just fanning only 5 --7 hubbers with leaving comments and now fanning very fasten may be so losing rate...

3. lumberjack profile image73
    lumberjackposted 8 years ago

Whats a hub rate?!?!

Nevermind I read a faq.

1. Haunty profile image81
      Hauntyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's the number next to the title of your hubs. The higher it is the better for you. smile

Oh thanks haunty..its the score u get onn ur hub profile piture

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

but it has to be of natural progession hmm all it takes is quality content, organic traffic, links n other stuff smile keep it clean, honest and give HP a good image wink

My write ups are clean and my own...I havent copies , so many are from my own diary as I have the habit to write daily experience n my thinking in to my diary ...u can check out ...
      Isn't my HP is good...?

5. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

When someones fans me I always go to their hubtivity before I even read their hubs. If it displays constant fanning I just leave so if you are constant fanner don't pass by my way, you will not be fanned  !

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I do the same thing BadCo.  Such a let down when you realize the person does not actually love you, but is on a fanning rampage sad

BTW...Johnny out today? smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I been here for a bit n I don't even have that many fans yet either, lol lol

7. cindyvine profile image88
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

I've given up trying to work out how these scores work.

8. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

The forums are not the place to drop links to all of your hubs.

ya really...agree..

9. Moonmaiden profile image79
    Moonmaidenposted 8 years ago

Hi apeksha,
    Are you listing your Hubs on other sites like Digg and Twitter and Facebook and Stumbleupon and Twitter? Anything that brings outsiders into Hubpages to read your Hubs will help a lot.

working