Hubtivity isn't showing my last published hub

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)
  1. truestory profile image60
    truestoryposted 15 years ago

Hubtivity isn't showing my last hub I published,but on latest hubs it did show it.Does anyone know why it didn't show up on hubtivity.

2. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Sometimes it takes time to show. I found it isn't always updated instantly. If it isn't added for more then 24 hours its glitched and you might want to email Hubpage Staff.

3. truestory profile image60

Hi thranax I just didn't see it on hub activity so readers know it's there to read other than that it's published and gaining hub points today. (might that be considered a glitch). smile

4. truestory profile image60

Wow It's still happening.Publish a hub and it doesn't show on hubtivity list.
    I've even unpublished it and re-published and still nothing=(

5. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

If I were you I would notify Hubpage Team with your concerns.

6. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I have problems as well..

Here's the thread that I started a little while back: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/6275

My hubs only show in the hubtivitiy of HubPages if I publish a hub that answers a request, otherwise I almost never see my hubs on the main hubtivity. I will see it in my profile page, but not in the website's hubtivity.

Typically it shows instantly, not within 24 hours, as 24 hours would be very out dated at that point.

7. truestory profile image60

Hi whitney, I guess this just happens when I don't publish right away.
    I save it and do something else come back finish some text add a few tags or picture press the publish now and it just shows up on the latest hubs on the hubs page."Oh,sorry I didn't realize there was already a discussion going on about this on another."Well it doesn't show up on the hubtivity which I think is the most important.smile

8. Whitney05 profile image83

truestory, I thought that too, but all of my recent hubs have been dont in one sitting and the only ones that show in the hubtivity are the ones answering requests.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I believe that is the intended behavior.  Depending on your settings, your personal hubtivity stream (not the one on your profile page) will show hubs that match one of these criteria:

#1 - answering your requests
      #2 - by users you are a fan of
      #3 - in tags that you are a fan of
      #4 - answering requests that you also answered

If you create a hub answering a request it will appear because of #4.  Some, but not necessarily all of your own hubs may appear because of #3.

Any hub you publish should appear in the hubtivity on your profile page.  Some confusion might arise if you previously published the hub, unpublished it, and then published it again some time later.  It will appear in hubtivity only at the point where you first published it.

I quickly checked truestory and whitney's latest hubs versus the hubs on the profile page hubitvity, and it looks like it is behaving properly.  If you still think otherwise, please let me know and I will look at it a little more.

9. Whitney05 profile image83

Thanks Paul... I am curious as to the hubtivity on the homepage when logged in to the website. I used to be able to see when I published hubs, and now the only ones are shown that answer requests. I have unpublished and republished and checked for pages and have never been able to find my own hubs within the hubtivity, whether on the front page or the link at the top of the page.

I understand that the hubtivity is based on your fans, requests, and tags, but why can't I see my own newly published hubs? I used to be able to...

10. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

Whitney, as best I can recall nothing has changed.  The Hubtivity on the home page comes from the same source as main Hubtivity tab.  It is possible that between tag fan clubs, commenting on your own hubs, etc. that so many of your new hubs appeared in your hubtivity, that you just assumed that all of them did.  (the other more remote possibility is that I changed something and forgot about it).

Anyway, the thinking is that you shouldn't need to be notified about what you yourself have done so much as what other people have done that would interest you.

11. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

I just expereinced this problem,  I have published chapter 1 and chapter 2--only chapter 2 shows up.  I went and unpublished and clicked done editing and went back to publish chapter 1 and it still does not show up.  Chapter 2 does and it was published right before chapter 1.  This is getting confusing.

12. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

I see both chapters in your Hubtivity, here:

http://hubpages.com/profile/Lady+Guinevere/hubtivity

and  here:

http://hubpages.com/profile/Lady+Guinev … ity?page=7

Unpublishing and republishing won't help.  You only get a hubtivity entry the very first time you publish each hub (which for chapter 1 was on july 4th, and for chapter 2 today).

Hubs that you publish won't necessarily show up in your personalized hubtivity stream (not the one on your profile page).  Read up to see why.

13. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

Thank youy.  I saw it this morning and it is getting lots of views.  By the way --I LOVE HubPages!!  Thanks for all the hard work in putting all this together!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)