jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is a tag? I need to add a tag to my hub?

1. profile image43
    heathercourter83posted 8 years ago

What is a tag? I need to add a tag to my hub?

2. Khamori 24 profile image53
    Khamori 24posted 8 years ago

Heather...this is what a tag is:

Tags are keywords and phrases that describe your Hub. Tags can be important for people using a search engine to find Internet material on topics. They alert the search engines that you have relevant material on the topic described by the tag.

Let’s say you were creating a tag for this Help page. Your tags might include words such as “Help”, “FAQ”, “Questions”. It’s wise to combine words to make phrases such as “HubPages help pages.”

3. waynet profile image72
    waynetposted 8 years ago

A tag is a keyword and you can write a few tags on your hubpages and it is recommended, so search engine traffic can find your hubpage.

4. James Starcevic profile image58
    James Starcevicposted 8 years ago

Regarding your question...What is a tag?

Tags help improve search engine ranking and generate more business.These are used by those wishing to categorize their web so they can share easily with others.

Regarding your question... I need to add a tag to my hub?

Click on the below link...

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-INSTANTL … r-HubPages

1. Ahdilarum profile image73
      Ahdilarumposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Link is not working, somebody help me with good link?

5. johnr54 profile image42
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

What tags are, when you should use them, and how many you should use per article.  A detailed look at tags and keywords in the SEO world. read more

6. KillerIdeas profile image59
    KillerIdeasposted 7 years ago

Tags are a concise set of keywords that apply to a webpage, blog or article you create on the world wide web.  The purpose is to increase visibility within the search engine systems by concisely providing Tags that are used when people type in search phrases.  The more concise and accurate your tags are, will cause more people to seek out your writings and get you higher search engine ranking.  The higher in the ranking your article, webpage or hub is, the more traffic you will receive.  The more traffic you receive, the greater your chance to monetize that traffic.