jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My question is how to add a widget to my page, not a capsule. On Amazon's page i

1. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 8 years ago

My question is how to add a widget to my page, not a capsule. On Amazon's page it shows that you can

On Amazon's site it shows that you can add widgets, such as an MP3 player, access to YouTube, etc.  I have an affiliate account, so I have that under control.  When you go to the Amazon site, it invites you to put widgets on your page.  Some of the sites such as blogger.com and others are defaulted, so all you have to do is click and the widget is added to your page over there, but there is no button for hubpages.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

It's not possible on HubPages, because we don't allow authors to insert javascript into hubs.

3. fits4life profile image60
    fits4lifeposted 8 years ago

pauldeeds, This is the first explanation that I have read on this subject (amazon widgets). If HP does not allow javascript, then what type of code are they using with oteher adverts? Kontera, adsense, etc... Can we use the code capsle for the Amazon widget? Please help.

4. Johnyboy profile image58
    Johnyboyposted 8 years ago

It's not possible, though it's so sad.
    These scripts could easily be verified as coming from Amazon.com and not someplace else.

I guess that's just laziness big_smile

5. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

It depends on what kind of widget you are talking about. If you mean an Amazon widget to promote items through the associates account, then there is another way to do the same thing.

Just add an Amazon capsule after you have gotten a code from them and you can either add items to that capsule by using either key words or by specifically choosing links that will be embedded in the capsule, which means also in the article.

If you are trying to add say an outside widget from a site, for example like Bukisa, to back link your other articles or blogs then that is not possible.

working